Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

When will this get better?

Well it's day 3 CT from vicodin. I haven't used anything but xanax to help me sleep. I am so ready for this to be over. I hope everyone is doing well and I pray this will be over soon!!!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
177036 tn?1192286635
it will be if you give it time..
Helpful - 0
Hi Steph!

All I can say is YOU GO!!!!  Even one day is a miracle when you're fighting the monster.  That's what I refer to it as.  Last week I went c/t pretty much.  Made it for two or three days and then...the monster came knocking.  I don't know what to do.  Just please hang in there.  They say after about day 4 or 5 it gets a lot better.  I've taken 8 pills today.  So, not only are monsters real, they come in droves.:)  How are you doing right now?  How do you feel?  I know it's scary.  Trust me...I know.  Holler if you need to talk.  By the way, tell me a little about your story.  I'm pretty new to this forum, and am trying to get to know everyone.
Helpful - 0
Hi guys
I'm going to get off for a bit.  Got my Mum flying in to Australia today from UK kids and I excited to see her.  U all stay strong for every step you slip back you can go three forward the next day.  Something that is so obvious is that all you guys that have addiction problems like 99.9% of you are just such lovely people.  Perhaps that's why the escapism comes in cause the bad things that happen are just to much for your soft souls to deal with; but you can do more good by being strong for yourselves and for other people that's the way to make a difference and better this world.  Look at movies like It's a Wonderful Life (the old classic) and probably my most favourite movie Pay It Forward - sad but wow it shows what a difference one person can make and I truly truly believe that the message in the film is tangible.  You guys probably don't even know how many times you've made a difference to someone (just like Jimmy Stewart in Wonderful Life) but I can guarantee you have.  A kind word to a sad looking stranger might have stopped them reaching for that drink they can't have, or a smile to someone who thought life wasn't worth living, a joke with a child who's feeling low and outcast at school - little things make a big difference.  We all get affected by things - I sobbed my eyes out at the college students being gunned down by that poor sick young man; such a waste of life, but it's out of my control what's in my control is how I decide to live my life.  It's all we have self control (hey fish you listened to Missy Higgins song Steer yet?...you all should it's so true that you choose the way you go).  So keep strong and choose each day to be the person you were born to be.  You CAN do it.  Hey Fish are there to fishmeals on site?
Luv and God Bless xxoo
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.