Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
204468 tn?1285272124

Day 5 CT from Lortab 10, Thanks CATUF

I have been a "lurker" here now for about 4 days.  I do know that God has directed me to this place for secondary support from folks who have experienced what I have been experiencing these past few yrs.  God IS my healer...I am just the very "hardheaded drug addict" who was living for the feeling and thinking that my problems were going away by taking the "pill".  Then looking forward to the next time the "pill" would take them away only if it was for a brief moment.

CATUF, your words in a previous post have inspired me so much.  I have realized just today through reading God's word, then coming on the board to find your words of encouragement to another one who is struggling with this "monster" that I must face this GIANT called ADDICTION.  It is I who has the choice to take pills or not.  I am weak, very weak.  

I am addicted to Lortab 10's.  I thought that I was taking way too many.  I would take 1/2 a pill about 5 times a day, I guess that would be 5's then..lol.  I have chronic back pain, along with TMJ which is awful and suffer from fibromyalgia.  I have always taken my rx's and of course would run out before refill time.  Then I would beg from whom ever or wherever I could find something!!!!!

(the rest of the story in the next post...i had typed too many characters...lol)
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
177036 tn?1192286635
Ah Honey you will not believe the miracle that is Jesus and why he got you here to hear his name from me.....  This is the first time that I have used the "J" word here and I am glad it is with you... I love Jesus with all my heart and it takes time to get through all that the flesh has to offer and then "GIVE IN," to his love.   He is there, (here). with open arm How do I know?  I have had experience first hand with Him.  He is awesome.... write to me if you like at  ***@****   Please do.
Love
Jim
Helpful - 0
You are so great!  Thank you for posting your story.  You are getting us through.  We are all getting each other through.
M
Helpful - 0
204468 tn?1285272124
Depression loomed.  I needed to get off the pills.  It was killing my marriage and my kids.  I finally told hubby and he has been sooooo supportive.  He has stayed with me for the past 4 nights rubbing my legs cause of RLS and even went and got meds for them.

I started abusing my pills to ease the pain that depression had caused due to post traumatic syndrome from hubby having an "emotional affair" with a co-worker.  It was MY choice to dwell on it, therefore throwing me into where I am now. In NO WAY do I blame him.  We have settled all that, but it seemed that the hurt from it still stays with me even today.  I have a hard time forgiving and forgetting.  I have been on tons of meds for depression and all had SERIOUS side effects.  I have been leveled out now for 4 yrs with 30mg of prozac and .5 mg of xanax as needed. (EMPHASIS on AS NEEDED).  They have however helped me through WD's, but I have only had to take 1 of them today YIPPIE!!

CATUF, I have CRIED, BAWLED and screamed for the past 4 days.  I never realized I needed to embrace those tears and REMEMBER them.  I do NOT want to go back to where I have come from.  I went to the dentist today and could have VERY easily gotten pain meds, but I CHOSE NOT TO...with GOD reminding me He would take care of me.  I will embrace the tears in the future that I know will come.  

Please post more often with such words of encouragement.  I have not openly told my family or church family that I am an addict.  On one side, I am ashamed, but now on the other, I realize that I am and ADDICT and that is who I will always be.  God loves me, my husband loves me and our two daughters are my world!!!
Thanks to you all,  I will hang in there if yall will,

Until Then,
new_life_coming_soon
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.