Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
203003 tn?1210855907

24 Hours and NO vicodin or percocet!!!

UGH! its been 24 hours and Ive had nothing, I feel horrible!! most of it is mental but im also feeling really nauseas and anxious. i have a really bad headache, and normally i suffer from chronic migraines, but this headache feels totally different. For nausea im taking Promethazine, for anxiety I am taking Xanax and for the withdrawals I am talking Clonidine, I went with the Clonidine, because the Suboxone..even though it sounds so promising, I cant take my anxiety medicine with it, or any Benzo for that matter, or I could die!! and I need my anxiety medicine, So I guess its a waiting game, if my withdrawal symptoms get too bad im going to take the Suboxone. I wish I had helpful family members to help me through this, but all they are doing is screaming and yelling at me!! I feel horrible! atleast on the pills, I was happy and didnt have to argue with my family, Now that I am detoxing, everything is a fight and no one can get along, im a crying mess, is there LIGHT at the end of the Tunnel? I already miss being high, this whole process stinks :( But Im here to stick through it, I cant keep killing myself everyday...with vicodin and percocet just for the high....

When is the worst of this over?????????? :( :( :(
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
192332 tn?1189755828
Hang in there!I have done it many times and every time the symptoms are worse.that is partly what kept me from taking more pills this time.usually for me after the 3rd day i could see the light.I know it hurts but remember when you get through you will be a new person.Your whole perspective of life will change.You will be stronger from the whole experience.Try to move around,DONT lay around the whole time.Get dressed like you are going on with a normal day.Nothing will interest you probably.DONT dwell on it.Hot baths help.Keep posting.vent here!Eat a little at a time.make sure you eat healthy .even if it a bite here or there and you puke later.Gatoraide,lots of fluids to flush the poison out.It's just a matter of hours before the light comes.Be positive as hard as it is.You can do it.Have faith in your self.God Bless.
                   Bruce
Helpful - 0
Hey darlin,

I'm sorry for your suffering right now. Your family might not be able to support you, but we can. Keep posting--it helps the time pass.

Try to remember how temporary and synthetic (not to mention unreliable once you build up a tolerance) the "happy" feeling was from the pills....what you are working toward now is an authentic and lasting sense of well-being. Many of us lose who we really are while abusing pills; stick with it and I promise, you will rejoice in rediscovering the wonders and freedom of being clean. It's a tough road, and I recall the suffering well. but you can do it, one minute at a time.

I'm Day #19 and I can't emphasize just how wonderful it is to have my life back. You'll be here, too, in no time. Just hang on, kid.

Warmest Wishes,

--Athena
Helpful - 0
congrats I am so proud of you , I couldn't go c/t I had to go to the detox clinic and take methadone , so honey hang in there.  We all beleiv3e in you !!! with lots of love RBC3 xxoo
Helpful - 0
203003 tn?1210855907
I have lost who I am, I dont know who I am anymore, People tell me..Im not the same person I used to be...I would never go in my moms purse and steal pills and money, Im so angry with myself its not even funny. I havent had a job in about 2 years, all I did was take pills and be a bum, no one knew I was on pills they only saw the angry me when I had no pills.  I always ask myself Why I let myself get this bad. Nothing is going good for me anymore. I lost someone I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with, I lost friends, No one wants to hang out anymore, I dont wanna ever do anything. I think all of that was from the pills & depression, but not sure. Im hoping that things will get better in a week or so. Thanks everyone for the encouragement, I know I can do this, Ive done it before it just SUCKS!!!

I hope everyone has a good day, Im gonna try, right now I feel like a walking zombie and I can barely stand up my body hurts so $$#@$ bad!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.