Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

So long.

It has come to me that this site does not need me as a cheerleader.It seems that, that I what I have been doing. I do not have the experience needed to guide anyone. My journey with addiction was a short one. I managed to withdraw from Oxycontin because I was on it for a mere month. What I have seen here is that you all need each other because your trials and tribulations are something I have only tasted a smidgen of. For me to try and tell you what you need would be detrimental due to the fact that I have not had the ins and outs that most of you seem to have. I am unable to give any of you what you need other then a few words here and there. That is not enough. You need the wisdom of those who have attempted and are attempting to succeed. I have learned to respect what is happening here and have seen strength and courage that the average person could not possibly believe. For me to continue to ply you with words when I can only guess at the horrors you are going through would be wrong. I have a sense of it but not enough to bring you what you need. Do not think of me as a quitter. Think of me as someone who has stepped aside to allow the more experienced members of this forum to do what I cannot. I leave you with this. Stay on the path and keep the faith.    
Mangee
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
The senior center was having their entertainment night and everyone was buzzing over the fact that a renowned hypnotist was to appear.

Clyde, the hypnotist, arrived and promptly told the crowd " Tonight I will not ask the usual two or three to come up an be hypnotized,instead I intend to hypnotyze each and every one of you."

Reaching into his pocket, Clyde drew out an antique watch and told the crowd that it had been in his family for many generations,

With that he began to sway the watch from side to side saying " Watch the watch, watch the watch, watch the watch."

Soon the people were all mezmerized by the swaying of the watch as it's polished sides threw out little streams of light.

As he was swinging the watch in a gentle manner from side to side it  suddenly slipped from his hand, fell onto the floor breaking into a hundred pieces.

" OH **** " he shouted,"****, **** ****."

It took three days to clean the center!

Helpful - 0
The senior center was having their entertainment night and everyone was buzzing over the fact that a renowned hypnotist was to appear.

Clyde, the hypnotist, arrived and promptly told the crowd " Tonight I will not ask the usual two or three to come up an be hypnotized,instead I intend to hypnotyze each and every one of you."

Reaching into his pocket, Clyde drew out an antique watch and told the crowd that it had been in his family for many generations,

With that he began to sway the watch from side to side saying " Watch the watch, watch the watch, watch the watch."

Soon the people were all mezmerized by the swaying of the watch as it's polished sides threw out little streams of light.

As he was swinging the watch in a gentle manner from side to side it  suddenly slipped from his hand, fell onto the floor breaking into a hundred pieces.

" OH **** " he shouted,"****, **** ****."

It took three days to clean the center!

Helpful - 0
I for one will be very sorry to see you go, and I think you underestimate greatly the impact your posts (among many other great posts) have on the people posting in this forum. You have compassion, experience (even if you were only on pain medication for a month) and a great sense of humour.
I have been on pain medication for 8 months and I am certainly not the voice of experience, but I post when I have something to say and otherwise read and benefit enormously from all the other posts from people who - like me - unknowingly stumbled into addiction after being prescribed medication for an ailment.
Every different post adds something to this board and I have always enjoyed your posts immensely. If you keep on reading, please post once in a while, I am sure a lot of other people will miss your posts as well.
Have a great day
Minnie
Helpful - 0
Mannie, you have great insight and I for one will truly miss your posts. I agree with Minnie that everyone has something to add to the board. There are some that have a strong educational background, some who have good insight, some who are just truly compassionate people and know what needs to be said at the right time....we are all so differerent but have the same problem, no matter how extreme they may seem in comparison to our own....our perception is our reality and if while our addiction may seem like "peanuts" to one person, we each have had our own little piece of hell and it is very real to each of us that goes through this.  You should not devalue what you went through Mannie....your experience and wisdom has helped to guide so many people here! If you decide to leave, just know that you are appreciated and I wish only joy and peace to you and your wife!

Marcie
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
what?   everyone has a place on this forum...that is what makes it what it is.   the success of it depends on the insights from every and all angles.   YOU ARE NEEDED MORE THAN YOU REALIZE.   everyone here respects your contributions enormously.

please don't feel that you have nothing to give...everyone has a place.

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
I will be very saddened if you decide this, you may not of had a long run with addiction but, you had a run with it.  Some of us are silent lurkers, you have always been one of my favorite posters.  You are like my grandfather, which I have never known.  Your post offer me a breathe of inner peace when I read them.  I always open yours the first.  If you dont want to stay you cant be forced.  But, Lizzie is right, everyone has there place on this forum.  Lizzie is like the mother that we all wished we had and your like the grandfather we wished we had and never got a chance to.  You offer words of wisdom that makes us feel grounded.  Please, reconsider, just because people dont reply do not mean that they do not appreciate..  I will miss you if you go and I among many of us will be at ease if you stay... Huggs, Big Huggs, G
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
mannie...did she just call us "maw" and "grandpaw" ? ...i don't know about you...BUT...i'm proud of that title, aren't you?

georgia...girl, you are so special...and i am so freaking proud of you.

huggs to both of you,
kim
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.