A
A
Close

Wife & Drugs

My Wife is taking:
Adderall
Xanax
Ambien
Strong pain medicine Percaset, Hydrocdone, etc (When she can get them)
Now she has started smoking
What Can I do to help?
She thinks she needs these to get by!
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
does she get this all prescribed to her i she does talk to her doc i not there is a problem.  maybe she is depressed.  we need more ino to help.  ie does she buy the painkiller o the street is she in pain or ADD.
Helpful - 0
Yes all her medication is prescribed to her but it just seems to me like a lot of different things that are not necessary!
Helpful - 0
I know some doctors over medicate.  Is it interering with your lives.  I take a antidepressant and 4 codiene pills a day my husband hates pills but it dosen't  interer with our lives  I'm sorry you are worried about your  partner can you talk to her doc is she ADD  antention deicent because thats what the adderall is or and thats speed i you need it it doesn't speed you up makes you normal i she is speedy she shouldn't be on it direct a question to Dutchess Golden she knows a lot and can be more help then me she is great she'll know what to do.  cheers
Helpful - 0
Geez your wife ~~If i didnt know better i would think u were my husband talking about me your wife sounds just like me and i feel for u my husband is in same boat and in you wifes defense after a person becomes adddicted to pain meds it does feel like you cannot get by without them it gets ahold of you and wont let go and when u do try to get off of them it is complete hell. Depression anxiety are unbearable i wish you both luck and if u need to talk i am here for u okay hang in there ~~~~lots of luv chros
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.