Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

EXTREMELY SCARED-MRI RESULTS-FLA READ TOO PLZ

GM everyone, I hope this finds you all well. I got some news yesterday that has me totally petrified. At this point non-related to my hydro addiction (I think)

Anyhow...this is so wierd, as FLA just posted about her mom just the other day and I was really worried about her and also wanted to know more, as I could relate to a point.

Back in Sept. I had went to Dr after having "odd" dizziness for about 4 months. This only happened when I would lay on my right side...I assumed it was ear related as I had just recovered from a nasty ear infection and sinus infection a few months prior. It never went away so as I said I went in to dr in sept. He sent me for a MRI of the head.
Then told me nothing significant but he wanted me to go see a neuro to be sure. Well...with everything going on I forgot all about it, and only time I would remember is of course when I would lie down, or if I try to hang my valances etc...looking upward does the same thing. I spin something awful.

Anyhow I went in to see doc yesterday for my routine med check...he was upset to find out I had missed my neuro appt. I said well I honestly thought nothing of it, he said.."Tracy, you had an "abnormal" MRI"...I said what??! So of course my heart is in my gut at this point. He never said "abnormal" to me prior, said "insignificant" findings. Ok, so I got chewed for not going to that appt, he has set me up with a new neuro for Monday afternoon.

This dizziness, it is like I said only when I roll onto my right side while laying down, or lie down on my right side...so of course I try avoiding that. Also like I said when I am looking upward trying to hang something or what have you I spin. I also have it sometimes when I awake out of bed, I get up and within about 5 minutes I spin something fierce, then subsides.
cont'd...
12 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
So I ask him...well I am confused, are you saying this could be something major? All the while I am thinking why had he not said this before, or furthermore knowing I missed that appt. months ago why had he not called me?
His FIRST words to me in his respnse were, well it could be MS, or something different, could me many things or could be nothing. But this is why I need you to go to this apt. The neuro can see more than the Dr can on the MRI results.

Ok so now I am so scared. It has been almost a year now with these "dizzy spells"  They have not gotten worse, but still I noticed the newer symptoms, like when I stand out of bed and I spin...not always but I do at times. This wasn't there before..just the past couple months.

Dr said it more than likely is NOT inner ear because of the length of time I have had this. Now, when I add in all the migraines I have gotten the past 6 months, I am really scared. They came out of no where, and I get at least one a month and not at my menstrual cycle, just out of no where I get one. I am down for 2 days.

So, I add this into the dizziness, what he has told me at his office, and some other things.
My fatigue....all this I assumed was my pain meds...but maybe it is not. I looked up MS and I have more than 5 of those symptoms, however they can also mimic other things too and vice versa.

Now I am frightened this is my life sentence, and I will be faced with bad news on Monday. I am petrified of death, specially with my young kids. Has anyone at all experienced this type of dizziness at all?
Anyone have any ideas on anything? I couldn't sleep last night, all I kept hearing in my mind was "abnormal mri" of my brain. I am so scared and I have to wait to see this neuro on Monday, and who knows then if he can give me any news to go on.

Please everyone pray here, I so do not want to die. I can't getthese thoughts out of my head.

Helpful - 0
190466 tn?1215884854
have u had any head trama? i have felt the same way after getting hit in the side of my head 2 weeks ago. i would sit up or lie down and spin for several minutes and they would go away,lasted for a few days and were gone. I will pray for you. Clay TX
Helpful - 0
Hi, thanks for your post. No, none at all. That is what scares me too.

I know my sister had done that...she was lceaning behind her toilet and got up too soon and whacked her head on the porclean base.

She was so sick for 2 weeks also, and in pain. She thought nothing of it herself, until they asked her in the ER had she hit her head at all.

Thanks for the post and the prayers!! I appreciate them.

Huggs
Tracy
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
hey tracy...same thing has been going on with me for two years now.   it comes and goes...usually lasting 4-5 days and then gone for maybe a month or two.   i spin when i lie down...in any position...and when i stand up.   i also suffer from frequent headaches.   i finally told my doctor and he ordered an MRI.   it showed that i had a bad sinus infection...which i might add that i had no other symptoms at all.   then i remembered when i was around 12 years old that i had to go on medication for sinus headaches...same thing...no symptoms of a bad cold or anything...just headaches at that time.

hopefully it will not be anything serious...just remember...the odds are with you.   i would tell you to try not to worry but i'm sure that would be useless.   so just try not to diagnose yourself until that time.   hell, if i were to search for every symptom, ache and pain, that i have...i would be one sick puppy...hehe.

hang in there girlie,

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
I know from experience that PCPs have to tell everything it could be when they're not sure just to cover themselves.I had a lump and my DR said it could be Hodgekins disease,it scared the **** out of me,Thank God it turned out to be a simple infection.
Helpful - 0
Hey girl, I went through the same thing, and it got so bad I was vomiting daily for over a month.  The doctor starting treating me for a sinus infection because I did not have insurance for the MRI, he gave me a shot of steriod and some strong antibiotics.  I cant imagine how you feel becuase I did not get to the mri part, but, I do know that it can be many other things and like your doctor said it could be nothing.  You do need to go to the nuerologist, but, for now try to breath.  Try not to think of the worst, I know thats almost impossible, as I was thinking brain tumor.  See if you can get into the nuerologist asap so you dont have this to worry about.  I will pray for you, but, when I was much younger I had to go to a nuerologist because something was not right on my MRI and then it turned out to be nothing.  I was having severe migraines to them looking for what was wrong to them telling me it was all in my head, LOL.  You know how these doctors are, you got to take them with a grain of salt,,,, Huggs, Georgia
Helpful - 0
Hi hun, thank you for the kind words. I know..I "normally" do not search this stuff b/c I would have EVERYTHING. LOL

I spoke to a friend yesterday and she asked me if I drank Diet Pepsi...I said well yes, everyday. I am an avid diet pepsi drinker...
I do not know if this pertains to you at all but thought I would share. It isn't necessarily only diet pepsi either...it pertains to "Aspartame" which is in many of the diet sweetners...I was shocked to find what I had read. I had never heard about this, but my friend remembered hearing something about it and looked it up for me.

Here is a link for you if you would like to look:

http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-side-effects.html
Helpful - 0
OOPs sorry, I see that Monday is your earliest, I dont know why I didnt realize it was Friday..  Hang in there, Huggs, G
Helpful - 0
Hey hun, thanks! Yeah I know..just scary b/c I have never had an abnormal MRI...and it seems I am in an MRI machine once a year at least.

Well with the exception of my back MRI of course...but for headaches in the past, etc..I was always told it was normal. (I think they were wrong there!) LOL Nothing normal about me, LOL.

See I have this every night, but not always while I am standing. It only lasts for say 15 seconds, but my lord I get ill feeling.
It is not a "constant" all day thing, just at certain times or certain activities.

Specially lying down, or looking upward to hang something. So odd.
If it is a sinus infection, I will welcome that at this point!

Thanks for the kind words hun....I need them!

Huggs

Tracy
Helpful - 0
True...I am glad to hear yours was fine. I pray now mine will be also.

Thanks for responding with mind easing words!

Huggs

Tracy
Helpful - 0
199177 tn?1490498534
hiyas ,
it sounds like you have vertgo , you can have vertigo for many diffrent reasons
I have had it on and off for about a year now . ask the doctor about it ... it sucks but its manageable ,good luck
Avis
Helpful - 0
Yes, we talked about that too. However my ears are clear from what he said. Also, its only when I lay down, or do a few other activities.

Quite odd...I have had problems with my equilibrium before but this is different feeling and like I said not while walking or standing....just so weird.

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.