Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
made day 3 today w/ds are almost gone, now comes the hard part getting back out into the world to see if im strong enough to stay away from the temptations of the meds. i will start my 90 / 90 meetings tonight and throw myself into recovery like never before,THIS WILL BE WORTH IT. Hope and Prayers Clay TX We can all recover when our time is right
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
176803 tn?1198539598
  That is awesome. Continue the good work and strive for progress rather than perfection. The 90/90 is an awesome idea. Just don't take it out on yourself if you end up skipping a day here and there.
  If you end up slipping someday....don't let guilt or shame keep you from comming back. The shame is if you don't come back. Pick yourself up, ask for help, and remember that allmost everybody in AA/NA etc..had been through the same.
  Try to stay with the winners. Not the judgemental people that tell you what you should or shouldn't have done or did. The people that really grasp the 12 steps and a higher power, you will see, are the ones that share their experience's, strengths. and hopes, WITHOUT falling into the trap of "i'm better than you because I have more clean time".  Unfortunately, there are still many good people that way. Just remember you are there for YOU first. No need to people please.
  As you can tell, I am an avid fan of 12 step programs.  I may not agree with some of their "unspoken" traditions and what some have to say or think, but I realize they may think the same about me. We all have the same common goal no matter what the other may believe...and that is to learn to live a better life without useing!
         Good luck and keep us posted.
Helpful - 0
That is AWESOME! Way to go!! Once the wd's fade, then it may be easier to get back to life again. Will take time certainly..but the more and more you get a taste of the freedom, the better it will feel. At least that is how I felt when I kicked my alcohol habit.

Obviously as you are fully aware of, the wd's from these nasty pills are hell and keep you from doing anything.
I think once you get out more, and going to your meetings you will start to feel more of the release from the hold these nasty things had over you.

Many thoughts your way and I know you can do it!!!

Huggs, please keep us posted!

Tracy
Helpful - 0
wow....it's great to hear you doing good!!! you and your family are in my prayers....

luv ya,
tink  :)
Helpful - 0
Good for you - you have shown a lot of strength and you must focus on the great achievement of the last three days and then take one day at a time from now on. With the support of your wife you can make it.
Hang in there.
Minnie  
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
you still speaking to me?  lol

i know that it may seem that i came down hard on you...and honestly clay...i did...but i think it is what you needed to hear.   i am one of your biggest supporters and i think you know that.   i want so bad for you to succeed because i know how bad you want it.

stay focused and work harder than you ever have...you will make it.

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
190466 tn?1215884854
thanks to all who have been here for me these past few months,who have seen me overcome and fail and start again, I just got off the phone w/a friend who has 10yrs sober who agreeded to be my sponsor, im so glad and scared at the same time. i will continue to post here and try to help ANYONE i can and share with yall my hope. Hope and Prayers to all Clay TX
Helpful - 0
190466 tn?1215884854
sometimes we cant sugar coat these things when our life is at stake. I know how horrible an addict can be through my actions, the good that will come out of this will last a life time, i dont hold gruges when it matters this much, your a great person keep it up. love Clay
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
such relief...:)

you keep posting mr....that is what we are here for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
Way to go!!!  I was so caught up with my own sickness that I only caught the tail end of your recent happenings.  I am pulling for you and your wife.  You can do this and You can make it happen.  Your right, the true test is the real world, but, you have 3 days and thats something to be proud of.  You did not just give up...I wanted to give you and your wife a big hug.. Huggs, Georgia
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.