Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Aspartame-To anyone using Diet Sweetners Unaware Of This

I just had to share this...I had NO idea about this until I spoke to a friend of mine yesterday regarding my MRI results.

I was shocked to find out what I read...this is for anyone who is unaware of this:

http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-side-effects.html
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I need some info…

For 15 years I have drunk a lot of diet coke, but in the last 6 months I get through 4 big bottles a day. I have been experiencing mood changes where I want to hit people, panic attacks over stupid things and OCD.

I decided to stop drinking coke and all caffeine products about 5 weeks ago and  aspartame 1 week ago, which is in so many foods aswell, the withdrawal symptoms are bad. I feel like I’m going mad, Feel angry and aggressive, my head feels heavy and dizzy, I have no energy, bad concentration, muscle aches.

Please someone tell me how long these symptoms last? And have you experienced any of these problems?

Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Yea, that's the way she keeps her weight managable and does a good job but uses the stuff to a fault....
Helpful - 0
LOL @ buckets of the stuff...yeah it is dangerous from the looks of it.

Helpful - 0
I haven't looked at the site yet, but know of one danger of the sweetner.  About 16 years ago a study was done in Canada re: the sweetners and they discovered that it could bring on elileptic fits amongst other things.  The program aired in UK, my Mum taped it.  Before it the documentary could air anywhere else Pepsi and Coke got it banned (ohhh wonder why?), guess money can do things even if they are wrong!  I think it probably has it's place like for people with diabeties.  In this house we use only raw sugar.  Neither my kids nor I have any weight issues, but we don't eat Macdonalds, or KFC or the like, about once every 3 months we might grab a pizza.  All our milk, cheese and other dairy are low fat.  I cook with a minimum amount of oil and if I have to use some it's generally Olive or Rice Bran Oil.  We have chocolate in moderation and 'lollies' (your candies) are generally Binka's (The Natural Confectionary Co - Australian made - with no artificial flavours or additives).
Best of luck to any that need a bit of help to shift things - I'm 5'5" and weigh 120llbs which is not too bad for an old duck of 45.   Hope the guy who commented that his wife takes it in buckets can change her habits so she is healthy but not an anorexic stick!!  The French and Italians have it right eat more earlier and a light meal at night.
Luv L
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Thank you, I'll take a look right now cause the wife drinks buckets of the stuff.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.