Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

what is hydrocodne apap 10/325

I didnt come here verie often but i was havng a problm with oxys.  i have been of them for a while but my frind brougt over some yellow caplts.  do they hav anothr name.  are they addictiv?  thank you
MS. DAYTONA
18 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
352798 tn?1399298154
This is an old post from 2007. If you need advice or support, go to top of page and hit the 'Post a Question' button.
Helpful - 0
I have been addicted to Norcos for a long time.

YES they are addictive, NO you should not take them! If you are in recovery, you will get addicted again!

Be careful with these, you may not think they will affect you but they are still triggering the same receptors in the brain, whether you feel the high or not.
Helpful - 0
when i take  narcos  i can t take my xanax  ,they help me sleep  but  the narcos  help me sleep better. percs  would  keep me up for days,  and i don t itch  on them
Helpful - 0
NARCO  WORKS  AND MAKE ME SLEEP  AT NIGHT. I HAD ROTATOR CUFF SURGERY, THEY HEPLED  ALOT BETTER THAN  THE PERCS. I TAKE 4 TIMES ADAY 5 HRS APART. pain  is at  a  3 when on them  without them  pain  is a  8.
Helpful - 0
thanks for trying to help me.  i had back surg and was startd on oxys and took them for few years.  thne i went cold turk becaus i was so sick of beieng so depndnt on them.  ive tried ovr the countr drugs but they dont work.  so when my frind ofered me these "norcos?", i took 4 at one  time and they are 10 mgs.  it didnt help at all.  so i thout i would take more but came back to this bord for help.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Yes.. they are both opiates both narcotic.. Hydro is a lower class of narcotics then oxycodone..
Helpful - 0
202347 tn?1189755825
If they are yellow they are probably norco.
10mg hydrocodone with 325 0r 250mg acetaminophen (tylenol)

xoxo
D.
Helpful - 0
i just dont know how the "Norco"s (i gues thats what they are) can be adictive.  they dont even touch my pain, dont make me feel bettr, dont even make me high.  ive been reading what othr peple wrote and there are peple adicted to this stuff?
Helpful - 0
202347 tn?1189755825
hydrocodone is etremely addictive. Even if you feel no effect the chemical precesses in your brain are still the same. Taking opiates on a regular basis and/or long term causes your brain to stop producing its own natural opiates like endorphins. So when you stop taking it your body goes into withdrawal b/c you have no opiates in your system and it takes the brain a while to figure out how and when to produce its natural opiates again. It took over 7 years before I felt any withdrawal symptoms when I didn't take hydrocodone. This is definitely not common. On average it only takes 7-10 days on opiates until you will eperience mild to moderate withdrawal symptoms when you stop. Some experience severe withdrawals after that short period of time. You should probably try to find something more effective for your pain. Have you tried any NSAID's like motrin or naproxen? They can be very effective in larger doses. Prescription motrin usually comes in 800mg/pill. Naproxen comes in 250 or 500mg/pill and these are not known to be addictive. Some people who do not find hydrocodone effective will find codeine or morphine effective, their chemical structures are very different. But if 10mg hydrocodone is not effective (unless you have built a high tolerance to it) it is a safe bet that a larger dose will not be effective as 10mg is quite a large dose and you will probably need something different. What have you taken for pain before? I apologize if you mentioned that already.

xoxo- D.
Helpful - 0
my frind told me the hydrocodne was just a weeker verson of the oxy and that they were the sam drug.  is that true.
Helpful - 0
202347 tn?1189755825
well if 40mg of hydrocodone didnt help it is unlikely that other opiates will help unless you get into the schedule I and II drugs like demerol, morphine, or dilaudid. OTC drugs have never agreed with my body. However some over the counter drugs are just a lower dose of prescription drugs. If I run out of motrin 800mg i take 4 advil or motrin to equal one pill. Remember advil, motrin,tylenol, they are all just different brand names of the exact same drug. If I run out od naproxen a take a few aleve to equal 500 or 1,000mg naproxen. Opiates with tylenol (vicodin, lortab,etc) do not have any anti-inflammatory properties. The opiates work to block pain impulses in the spinal cord and brain and tylenol has no anti-inflammatory properties either like motrin and other NSAID's do. Muscle relaxants like flexeril might help also. My husband is a doctor at a methadone clinic, and he has chronic pain. 6 surgeries between both knees and surgery on his spine 3 months ago. He takes darvocet (propoxephene with tylenol) or tylenol 4's(40mg codeine with 400mg tylenol) occassionally, but he usually takes flexeril or stronger muscle relaxants b/c they are more effective for his pain. You might want to ask your doctor about some of these as alternatives, and they are not known to have any addictive properties.

xoxo- D.

PSThere is also a post probably on page 2 or 3 about alternative herbal treatments for pain that I posted the other day. For me personally anything natural only does the opposite or nothing at all but is effective for many people.
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Hi hon, If you are here you are having a problem and keep reading.... and writing.  take care..  this stuff is kinda serious!
Helpful - 0
do you guys think mayb its becaus i took oxys for so long tht i cant get releif from the hydrocodnes?  i dont have ins anymor to cover this so i thout my frind giving me the norcos was a good deal. are oxys a class highr thn the norcos?  i need help.  i hurt so bad.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I posted  to you up top.. your post was getting too far down..
Helpful - 0
thanks for you ansers.  deep inside i no i shoud stay way from pain meds.  but i thougt if it was not strong, i woudnot get adicted.  the hydrocodne doenot seem to do to me what the oxys did.  thank you again.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
No they are not as strong as the oxy's however.. I would enourage you to speak to your doc about your pain and not start taking a friends meds You have had some time off pills so I am sure your pain is real. However you were dependant on the Oxy It would be just as easy for your brain and body to get addicted to vicodin.  Just my thoughts.. Its your choice of course.
Helpful - 0
thank you for ansering, but the yellows arenot as stong as the oxys i was adicted to so im wondring if id have a problm taking the yellows.  i know tht souns stupid but i dont think i could get adicted to them.  they arenot strong.  and i have reaal pain.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Hydrocodone is Vicodin Loritab or Norco  varies by manufacturer.. and dose. Yes they are addicting.. lower level narcotic from Percaset.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.