Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
203003 tn?1210855907

So scared and Emotional!!

Im so scared I will always have this fear that I wont hjave any vicodin or percocet around. Im so used to going out, doing simple things on the pills, Will I ever go back to my old happy self? I used to have so much fun and I was outgoing. I hope the way I feel right now wont last forever. Im scared to do anything with the fear that the pills arent around, Does that feeling ever go away? im a crying mess today. I have hope, But I dont know how to live without pills, its only been 3 days and ive been on pills for 2 years!! I dont know how to live a normal life. Some people say I will be ok in 10 days, others say it takes months. Im SO scared, I want to be the person I used to be. Will that ever be the case? Or will I have to live like this for the rest of my life? Im even petrified to go to the grocery store across the street!! Im scared, Can someone help me with this? Or maybe this is part of withdrawals? Will this feeling ever go away? Will I be able to enjoy the things I used to? Or will I always have the feeling that I need the pills??
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
203003 tn?1210855907
Day 4 Today and boy does my body HURT!!! Im thinking about getting in the tub and taking a HOT HOT HOT bath, I feel like I can barely move. Most of all the other **** is gone like the Nausea and Sweats, I havent really had any withdrawal symptoms except Nausea and Aches, Barely any cravings. I hope this stays!! and only gets better. But who knows!! I can eat now, just a little though, I havent been over doing it. I have been sleeping a lot, due to the Clonidine, Xanax and Promethazine, IF any of you who are starting Detox, those 3 meds, are WONDERFUL!!

And I do believe we will live a NORMAL life after this, I mean we will always be ADDICTS, but the first step of overcoming being an Addict is Detox. Then the rest is all on us to stay off of it! Im only 21 years old and im praying to god I wont be miserable for the rest of my life!!! Detox and Counseling is what I have in mind for the next couple months then Im on my own.

I hope everyone else is hanging in there and doing good!! We can do this!! :)

-Smiles
Helpful - 0
I dont think we are ever going to live a NORMAL life again.  But, for me, the nice thing was going to the movies without having the proper amount of pills in my body and in my purse.  Im sorry about your break-up, that can make things worst.  Its just so emotional, its like being on a non-stop rollercoaster from hell.  I do remember though, it does get better.  I am only a few days ahead of you and I been through this many, many times.  Just do good things for yourself.  Try to get away from the drama of the break-up just for a while, if you can.  And keep the post coming... Have a good night, Huggs, G
Helpful - 0
It's my first day here. I am going to come off of years on Lortab beginning today and I can relate to all of your words. Take my hand and I will walk with you.  We can do this.
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I'm so proud of all of you. You're all fighting your addiction, just as I am. It doesn't matter what day you're on, but it feels good when you start to really rack them up. I think that gives incentive. Sure, there are slips and falls, but we're only human. We want to be comfortable.

I love watching this forum work it's magic. It's been a wonderful place to be lately. I wish I could give all of you a hug. Since I can't...hug yourself. lol

Hugs.....LS
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
sometimes it just takes a simple sentence like... "Hey I feel lousy or hay I can't eat that or....???  Just stay here, write and be simple cause we are very similar... all of us... and if we do it together there will be success stories!  

Do you feel BAD?  Don't.  Feel peace, love and acceptance of the things that are before us and just work small simple things.. Above all feel gratitude for the life that is still in you and worrying about death.
Helpful - 0
203003 tn?1210855907
heyyy, ur on day 7, way to go!!! im proud of you. im gonna be at the 72hour mark at 9:00 tonight. im not really having any with drawal symptoms, im just fricken exhausted and my body hurts like hell. other than that Im fine, besides being emotional and scared I wont ever live a normal life again. But if you say I will then I will look forward to it. Im so looking forward to having a pill free summer, I cant wait to go out and plant flowers for my mom, take my god son for walks and just be up at my parents yacht this summer relaxing! I hope more than anything to feel normal like I did 2 years ago!! Im also going through a break up, its been like a month and its making this whole thing worse, emotionally for me, but Im just counting the days to being better and being able to get out and be a normal person!!! thank you for your encouragement! im going to go lay down and rest I just took 2 xanax because they make me comfortable and relaxed!! Ill be back on in about an hour or so!! thank you for your help, i really appreciate it.
Helpful - 0
I have only had a few days under 60 clean time and then I got the paws and went back.  I do know that I started feeling better, almost totally better after around 3 weeks.  Your not going to feel this way for much longer because you are going through w/ds.  Hang in there, I remember I was in the same boat and then I actually started doing everything like a normal person without worrying about my pills.  I am so mad at myself becuase I started taking a pill every now and again for a migraine until I was in full blown addiction, again.,.. I am on day 7 and am starting to see the light.  Keep me posted, seems like we have just days apart.. I hope you get some peace in your day.. Huggs, G
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.