Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Was suppose to go out, did not

Hi all - on my fourth day of 4 pills from 6. Do not have my son this weekend and was suppose to go out to be social (something I rarely do) and decided to stay home.  Feel very lonely, but just cannot get into the thought of socializing.  I need to know if anyone out there feels like a scatter brain when they taper, hard to get words out and think straight.  Is this normal.  This is one of the scary parts of tapering........I seem to clammer to get sentences out correctly.  Very weird, but I think its from the fioricent with codeine acting on the nervous system.

Hope everyone is doing well.
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
177036 tn?1192286635
the main thing is to give yourself, time, room, and get yourself free..  If it takes what it takes, it's time..... take the time.
Helpful - 0
It is ok to stay home.  Seems like sometimes in their 20s and early 30s people feel as if staying on Fri and Sat is social death.  I am glad you stayed home.  Be with yourself.  Take care of yourself.  I have had to learn to like the person I am without pills.  still learning about her.  You will feel so much better tomorrow after resting and not exhausting yourself.  Probably avoided some temptation too at the same time.  I hope you have a wonderful calming evening.
M
Helpful - 0
I am in my early 40's and I actually love to be home alone, I just feel that I am almost too comfortable being home alone.  The truth is I need to be a little social as I alienate myself probably too much and I do not get many opportunities to be social and when I do get the opportunity, I tend to not go out.  I guess maybe tapering is making much more emotional than I normally would be and it may have been better if I made the attempt to be around people.  Not into drinking anymore, so that would not have been an issue.

Does anyone out there alienate themselves too much of the time?  Just feeling like I am not normal.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I totally alienate myself... I am awful about going anywhere.. Its gotten worse since being on pills.. I love to stay home watch bad tv or a movie.. on the laptop with my cats by my side in bed.. in Pj's.. its even hard to go to work sometimes..
Helpful - 0
I can so totally relate.........some tv, my cat, cup of coffee....I use to love being social, but being home is so much better for me.  Just worry that I will end up this way forever and I do not think it is healthy.  Maybe once I am off the pills, I will make more of an attempt, not sure though.  Could just be I am getting older and more comfortable being home.  Almost feel like my brain is shorting out when I taper, very strange and scary.  Makes it much harder to get off the pills.  Can't go to work and be a scatter brain:)
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I think its related to the pills.. I am 26... 3 years ago I was out dancing with the girls 4 nights a week. then came the pills.. then a relationship.. then engaged..  now no one can get me out of the house.. they usually have to trick me.. I get home.. put on my Victorias secret cotton pants and a wife beater and get in bed.. every day..  I used to get home take a power nap.. go out to dinner with friends.. then dancing or art shows.. always something.. now never..
Helpful - 0
Well at least you are engaged........If I do not go out, I will never meet someone.  I am divorced and my ex-hubby passed away three years ago from a heroin overdose.  I have been dating the same man for 8 years but it is very much a stagnant relationship much like alot of things in my life.  I feel stuck and need to make changes........as soon as possible.  I apologize for being such a downer, but I am just going through a sucky time right now.  I want to make things better, but just don't seem to have the motivation.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
when you start to feel better and the pills are no longer in control you will be able to make some needed changes... for now just take care of yourself focus on feeling good..  when the time is right you can get out there.. and since you will be healthy a healthy relationship will follow suit.  it will happen if YOU make it happen.. you can do whatever you want.. Abe Lincoln said " People are only as happy as they make up their minds to be"
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
get a great hot bath and call me in the morning.
Helpful - 0
I love to stay at home and aliente myself.  Im like 85 in a 35 year olds skin.  I am a true granny at heart.  It is so hard for me to get out of the house.   Your not alone and I see that many of us here are the same, lol... Huggs, G
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.