Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Not really harsh just tired different tactic! Please read!!!!!

Hi guys well from my post last night (my time) I realise I upset some of you...not my intentions.  I've been told I am too soft with my partner who has a problem with pain killers, alcohol and weed.  So to any of you that I upset and came across as harsh I was truly just trying to see if by being the "hard" one I could break through to at least one of you.  I DO care and I know it's not easy.  I don't want to get on here and say hey how's so and so and be told well their liver failed or something.  I realise a lot of us have lost people in our lives and I was not trying to talk about my pain but how my cousin has gone through so much in a short time and managed to hold it together - to be honest guys I don't know if I could cope as well as her; I sort of do understand how you can get hooked on something and I am not looking down my nose at any of you - ask judgesheart, rooftrash, fishmeal or Fladdict I think they know I am NOT like that.  Hope you are all doing well and taking steps forward.  Keep happy and be strong.
Luv L
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Ladysundown - I read your post & I do know that a lot of you guys became hooked on stuff through no fault - at the end of the day I really do believe that even those who did not take stuff for pain relief in the first place their addiction is not really their fault either.  I understand that everyone has different coping mechanisms and different tolerances to different drugs.  So as I said I did not mean to sound harsh, well a little cause I thought maybe the other person who told me I need to use tough love was right - then again I am not good at tough love so dare say I came across wrong.  I am sorry cause I would not want to hurt anyone of you, or anyone else for that matter.  My thoughts, good wishes and prayers are with you all.  Please believe me when I say I DO care and will revert back to the usual way I talked with all of you which judgesheart, rooftrash, Fladdict, fishmeal, construction and some others can tell you was never judgemental.  If there were a magic wand to wave and help you all then I would use it for that benefit rather than to gain a million dollars.  People are so special and no one can be replaced by money or things.
God Bless you all and sorry if I hurt any of you - I know you can all conquer your monsters, it starts with a crawl, leads to a walk, then a jog until you are all sprinting to that finish line which I pray you all reach!
Luv and hugs and sorry if I made any of you sad - angry I can deal with but not hurting you, Lynne
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I'm on fentanyl patches. 80-100 stronger than morphine. I didn't ask to be put on them. I never abused them. I hate them. After four surgeries to remove the large bone in my upper left arm I was sent to rehab for PT. A nurse practitioner slapped a 100mcg/hr fentanyl patch on me and by the time I got out of that place I was addicted to them. I went straight to my family dr. and told her what happened. She has worked w/ me for the last year and a half to taper we off of them. With every taper comes a w/d. I have had three tapers now and three w/d's. I can't take a hot shower or bath because heat could release all the fentanyl into my system all at once. I change my patch every three days. There are hundreds of things you can't do when you are on this demon. I can't educate you on fentanyl, but I can advise you to make sure you know the addicts you're a little hard on. We help each other. We need each other. I come here to vent so my hubby doesn't have to hear it.

I do understand you but arm yourself with knowledge before you start on others. It's hard losing someone dear to you. A lot of us here know that. We are intelligent people but we are also forgiving people.

I wish you the very best....hugs...LS
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Hi Sweetie, Just relax and let life flow out and in..... one step at a time is all we can do sometimes.... just one... give me just one in the right direction...
Love
me
Helpful - 0
Wow Kim (aka LizzieLou) so right - see I do understand it's not them but dear God woman how strong are you?  You kinda are what I'm talking about look at the hand you've been dealt and yet you manage to deal with all that....seriously I don't know that I could you are one amazing lady!
You guys who have that little monster know I only say what I say cause as corny as it sounds I luv ya.  You can say hell she doesn't really know us, but you are beautiful, living, soft souls and so yes I do love you cause I know you are good and kind and struggling to get clean.  Phone is ringing but I will write more after I get off....no doubt my daughter saying can I stay over at friends house again and oh by the way can I have $'s to go shopping - truly she's addicted to the shops - well hell she's 15; and I guess at least I always know where she is and who she's with -I'm not being niave I really do know...we're pretty open about things and I've always raised my kids telling them it's their life but my job is to keep them safe so they need to always be truthful and open with me and we will see what agreement we can reach.  (typing with phone under chin cause it is her - yep she wants to go to local football match with friends tonight).  Sore neck will come back on later Luv ya all xxxxxxLynne
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
hi sweetie...i just posted to you below on the post you are speaking of.   please read if you haven't done so yet.

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
Gosh, my stuff seems so little compared to some of you. You are all in my prayers. I'm glad we have each other.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
we are glad you are here...
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I read your post. You're also dealing w/ physical pain. There are others here that have that extra burden, also. I don't have pain so in a way I'm lucky. When I fianlly get off this sh** I will be done.

Good to see you posting....
LS
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I am sure it was a misunderstanding.. i only scanned the post you are talking about.. I know that you weren't trying to talk down to any one.. however we are pretty sensitive.. we beat ourselves up alot.. coming here for support you don't wanna feel that any one else is beating you up.. ya know?? Just my thoughts.. Hope you day is good.. I think its morning there??
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.