Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

to everone

i wrote to duchess golden, fishmeal, fladdict and all for help in a feww post down.  sense nobody want to help me, i will go away.  but i wantd to say thank you anyways.  ths is a good forume.  thank you, Ms. Daytona
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
202563 tn?1192377417
I am not who you posted to but I will try and help you.....Bear in mind I'm not a Dr. and my advice is just from what I know about these drugs from my own experiences but 1st lets do the math

"I take Norco 10/325 about 3 and then every half hour another half for about as many as up to 12 total, I do this 2 to 3 times a day, depends on what I have on hand at the time."

Now if she's saying she takes 3- 10 mg Norco ( which is Hydrocodone or Vicodin) and 1/2 every half hour for up to 12 ( she can only mean for 12 half hour intervals) that wound be 9 total and if she does this 2 or 3 times a day that would be 18 or 27.....Even if she means she initially takes 1 at 3:00 and then the rest in half hour intervals that would be 14 or 21 per day which is alot of drug! That is a bunch of Tylenol to be taking even without that much narcotic which is horrible on your liver......Not to mention how high you would have to be if you take 20+ 10 mg Hydro's per day....and you'd have to be addicted terribly if that went on for any length of time (not to mention what that would do to your bowels)....I don't know what kind of pain you (or that person) is in but it seems excessive to me....but I'm not a Dr.   .....If I were I'd prescribe Oxycontin instead ( its a different drug but similar in use) Its timed release
(unless you break them) and much stronger.....
Helpful - 0
thank you for evn carig enoug to write back.  i was on oxys for along time for a boched back surg.  now i have no ins and my frind says she can gve me the norcos for free.  anyways i am in alot of pain tho so i took 4 at one tme when she brot thm ovr.  it didnt help atall.  so i was lookng in the arcives last nite and foun ths lady that post what she did.  i didnt do the math but tht is alot.  i am not vry smart and my frind says my speling stinks.  you are rite tht is way to much "norco".  thank you so much for carig.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I just got off work sorry you werent getting an answer... you are right THAT is way too much Norco.. I would day that  you could safely take 6-8 in a day..by safely I mean the liver damage.. not safely by addiction standards.. You will become dependant on the Norco as well if you take them every day.. and because you were dependenant on Oxy the chance of dependance in Higher. and will probably happen faster.. So be carelful.. I know you are in pain but look out for your self..
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.