Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

percocet withdrawl

hi could someone tell me how long percocet addiction lasts? i have only taked them for about 2 months, but i quit taking them thursday, and now i feel awful!! my back feel broke,muscles hurt, major major headache! i have never been addicted to anything before and i am never touching them again! i am taking tylenol,advil,ultracet, and phenergan, and still no relief.is this normal or am i just sick with the flu? thanks a bunch
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
203003 tn?1210855907
Could possibly, yes be withdrawal symptoms and not all medicines will take your withdrawal symptoms away. I have been addicted to Percocet and Vicodin for 2 years, I detoxed in Oct 2006, Relapsed and here I am again. I am on day 4 of no pills. I have had headaches, nausea, feeling like Im going to vomit, my whole body feels like I got hit like mac truck and I have no energy. Most say that withdrawals are like having the flu. I would suggest keep taking the Phenergan because thats what I have been taking also, well Promethazine, its the same thing!! and also I have been taking Xanax for sleep and anxiety. My doc prescribed me Clonidine for the withdrawals, its been working OK but not the best. We just need to get through a rough couple days/weeks and everything will be okay physically. Mentally might take a little longer. Take some HOT HOT baths too, that works well for body aches, A lot of people on here told me to do so, and it has helped!!  Hang in there. You can do this, We all are!!!

Take Care
-Smiles
Helpful - 0
Sounds like classic withdrawl my dear. Like Smiles says, it's a lot like a really bad flu. 2 months is certainly long enough to become chemically dependent, aka "addicted". Hang in there--you'll get through this, but it may take a little longer. Can you take some time off work? Perhaps the doctor who prescribed the pills can give you something else to ease the w/d. Give him/her a call.

Best,

--AThena
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.