Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Withdrawal side effects from Phendimetrazine

I have been on Phendimetrazine for 6 months for weight loss and have lost 32 pounds.  I went off the meds for 2 days and starting having severe anxiety, headaches and weird thoughts.  Should I taper off this drug and how do you do it?

I feel like I am losing my mind!   My doctor said it is not addicting.  I think he is wrong!  
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have been on it for four yrs was 200 when I started now 140 miracle drug for me but yes I do have wds without it sweating sleepy minor wds but still on it n dunno if I can picture my life without it
Helpful - 0
WOW, I can't believe it! I myself have been on phendimetrazine and I MUST say it has really worked for me. HOWEVER, I know this drug is addicting! I feel terrible if I don't have it. I wondered why i felt so terrible when I stopped it. Well needless to say, I'm back on it and worried about getting off it and feeling the way I did when I stopped.

Does anyone else feel the same?
Helpful - 0
please can  any  one  help  me  where  wil  i  get  this medicine in india
phendimetrazine is  this  available  in  india .. plz help  me  this
Helpful - 0
I've been on it for 5 weeks and want to get away from it.
I stopped cold turkey and can hardly make it through the day without falling asleep. This has been going on for 5 days now, so I'm going to have to start taking a smaller dose until I can ween off it.
Its habit forming and when I'm done with it , I'll never do it again.

Chuck
Helpful - 0
You have to be responible for what you put in your body.  Docs can be really naive!  I am not say be responsible b/c i think it is your fault.  IT ISNT!  But I have been there too.  Sometimes doctors are incredibly irresponsible.  I truly with you the best!
Helpful - 0
I called the pharmacy and she said that phendimetrazine is like going off an antidepressant.  It effects your seritonin level and your hormones.  
I was on 2 of them 3 times a day.  It is the category of amphetamines.

So, she told me to take one twice a day and taper off of them.

I am going through a lot of stress also.And my headaches alot!

I agree.  My doctor doesn't know what he is talking about!.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I am not familiar with that drug.. but I would think anything that does what weight loss drugs do would need to be tapered off..
Helpful - 0
Pam he is wrong!  My Dr told me that tramadol was not addictive and here I am on this fourm talking about the withdrawls. Itt looks like there is a lot of good people on this page so keep looking for responses to your question. there are others out there like you  God Bless
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.