Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

60 days clean...

Hi, this is Yoda99 and I haven't been to this board in a while because of all of the "drama" that was happening.  I was suffering from severe depression, my daughter had a miscarriage during that "drama" time which devastated me, and I thought it best to stay away for a while.  Then about a week ago I started "lurking" as it is called here, and found that this is the place that it once was when I first gave up the oxycontin ERs cold turkey.  
   I am proud to announce that I am now 60 cays clean from the oxys (and I was on six 80 mg pills a day) prescribed by a doctor for the pain I was experiencing after a bad car accident on July 4, 2004.  Of course I ended up abusing the oxys.  But then I got to the point that I just wanted my life back.
   I had no one to go to because my friends and family did not know about my drug addiction problems, so coming to this board helped me more than I can tell you.  It is not all "gravy" though.  I thought when I made 30 days clean that I would miraculously be "healed" and have back the life I used to have.  Then I found out I was struggling with PAWS and still am.  But I do not want to scare anyone (Chrosty, I read your post).  The benefits of being clean far outweigh the initial withdrawals and outweigh the PAWS.  I just had to learn to live my life sober, and I had to accept the pain as part of my life.  I also ended up going to the doctor and was put on an antidepressant for the depression.  It's too soon to tell if it is helping but I will give it a chance.  
   So I extend a big "Thank You" to all of the people that helped me and to the friends that I made.  I have missed all of you terribly.  And if I can help anyone, please feel free to contact me.  It has been a learning process, and I would love to share it with those that need help or advice or just plain old encouragement.  
With love and affection,
Yoda,   60 days c/t from oxy
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey girl, thanks for the very kind words.  Yes, my daughter's miscarriage really messed me up, more than her I think.  She's not married, she's in college, on the pill for bad periods and didn't even know she was pregnant.  Then she started cramping and bleeding and instead of her brother taking her to the ER in Jacksonville, he drove her two hours home to me.  I took one look at her and we went straight to the ER.  I was a basket case.  She ended up staying with me for a week and is doing quite well now.  Thank you for your concern.  I've missed you.
Love,
Yoda (Linda)
Helpful - 0
Stick to your guns and do it.  You will be so proud of yourself.  If you need encouragement or advice, I am here for you.  OK?
Good luck,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
That's right; I remember now.  I could not keep that man's name straight.  Oh this is giving me a good laugh.  Pardon my memory but I think my brain still has a way to go before becoming "normal" again!  Hugs to you too!
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
actually i gave it to you AFTER you posted to "bowfinger"...lol

OMG...you made me remember "the lecture" you got...you little homewrecker you...lol...that was so freaking funny...AND TO ANYBODY READING...SHE IS NOT A HOMEWRECKER...INSIDE JOKE...hehe

so glad you are back.

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!!!! WOW!!

You're doing fantastic. I remember all the things Lizzie mentioned above. I don't think some of it was handled correctly. I'm not talking about you.

It's so good to read good news and you gave me a good dose of it today.

So proud of you.......Hugs....LS
Helpful - 0
Fladdict, you know it's hot here today, but actually a beautiful day.  So glad to hear from you.  I've missed you.
and Lizzie Lou, that humor just cracks me up.  Didn't I get that name Yogi from that busybody that thought I was trying to wreck Bowhunter's marriage?  Oh, too funny!  You are something else!!!
Helpful - 0
Lady S, of all the people, I was hoping you would write and say you were proud of me.  I feel honored.  Now like Fladdict said, another 60 days to work on.  Ya'll keep after me now; I need it.
Love,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
good to hear a success story... I'm starting my first day tomorrow and will not take anymore.... Good Job on 60 days,   a real blessing!
Helpful - 0
Im so happy for you girl.  I havent seen you on, but, I took some time off too.  I hate when the drama gets going here.  Congratulations to you.  I am sorry to hear about your daughters miscarraige.  If you need someone to vent to I am here.  Huggs, G
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
OMG YOGI (hehe)...i can't believe it's been 60 days...AWESOME...you will inspire many by your post today...thanks.

glad you started lurking again...lol...we have missed you!  stay around this time and share with others.

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
YAY!!!! Big Hug for You today...
Congrats!!! 60 days is amazing... you are an inspiration to every one here..

Now give me another 60...

Just kidding.. no pressure or anything..

Its Hot here in Fl today huh??
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.