Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
192332 tn?1189755828

Thank you all

I just want to thank all of you who responded to my call for help last night.I was drinking when i made it.I have had a drinking problem for a long time.I had quit again for about 30 days or so but fell last night.I was feeling real real depressed all day long and decided to drink.it made me even more depressed.I can't drink anymore and it scares me to death.my wife is a daily drinker and it makes it real tough to abstain.I need to get back to aa but i just have such a hard time with the hard core people there.I guess i can't find the right group.you people have helped me more than aa did.I am clean off the pills for like 40? days and having the worst time finding happiness because most of my life i have been under the influence of drugs and or alcohol.I wonder if i am ruined.I feel like i have lost part of my soul.AM i crazy?I tried antidepressants and no help.Maybe it is PAWS.Enough poor me.I will try to help those who need help here.because that does help me too.I hope everyone is good tonight.Saturdays are tough for people trying to recover.Love you all!God Bless
                               Bruce
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi my darlin' stop beating up on yourself.  Everyone knows it's F'ing hard  but you can do it. What your wife does makes it harder for you but I am not getting if she is a social drinker or a person who relies on booze.  Regardless you can do it my sweet man.  U have been so sweet and geniune to me and given me such good and straight advice with re: my man that I just know you have a good soul and a good heart - be strong be true to U cause I know you can do it.
Love Lynne xxoooxxx
Helpful - 0
Its a relief to hear that you are ok..  We are all glad that you checked in.  Hope you get some rest tonight.. Huggs, G
Helpful - 0
Bruce I have been in/out of AA since 2000 I quit goin when I started do pills, and I was addicted to cocaine for 6 yrs. That was my baby I guess like alcohol is to you. I have been goin to a methadone clinic to detox from pills its a ***** those pills and I cant handle the hard cores at AA,  So if I go I go to NA or CA and I found this place. My pill addiction ended me up in prison.  And I still came home and did then. crazy , thats addiction. Anyways I ;m tryin to make friends and Ilove this forum its been great.  Keep your head up , start over again tomorrow and do something really nice an special for yourself you deserve it , esp with all the alcohol and pill abuse. You are special , the god of my understanding loves you , good night ,Keri xxoo
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
hey clay...good to hear your news and good to see you posting...looks like things are back on track for you.  how's justine doing?  i worry about her too.  keep focused clay and show that lady you appreciate her standing at your side...that takes one hell of a woman.

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
190466 tn?1215884854
hey man glad to hear from u. i have found the right aa group after searching for many years, finally found some good people that i can relate to.Got me a sponsor with 10 yrs and am well on my way to freedom. i want that so much for u and know u do too, which ever direction u go in recovery just know ill be there for u. Clay TX
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
Bruce, I'm happy that you're ok. I was worried about you but I am relieved now. I'm another one that almost wrote you last night. You could have had a ton of mail. lol

I will gladly settle for knowing you're safe. Did something trigger your urge to drink?? You're dealing with alcohol and drugs. Most of us are only dealing with one problem. I think you can get back to where you were with no problem.

You're alive and able to stand up on your hind legs so tonight I can rest. You probably will, too I hope. If you ever need anyone to talk to my email is the screen name I'm using here the @gmail.com.

Treat yourself well and get back to where you were. You deserve it.
Hugs.....LS
Helpful - 0
I swear I was just about to write if anyone had heard from you.  You, boy, have been in my thoughts all day - and it was even selfish tracy day.   You must be something special, and obviously you are...Just look how many ppl ran to you when you called.  It is b/c you truely care and are willing to help anyone with any problem.  You, in my opinion - and Im usually right, just ask me - I'll tell ya. lol   you are a great guy and worthy of everyone's true friendship b/c your sensativity and sencerety come through in all you write and say.  Whatever you need, bruce I will listen and try to help if I can and I know about 15 others who will line up and say the same.  Im just glad to see your name there - you really had me and many others worried.   WWWHHHHEEEWWWW!  just glad to see you.

I haven't even read what you wrote yet, just wanted to say that.  Now i'll read it and if I wrote anything stupid b/c I didn't read it first - apologize now - just felt this need to write that and quick.

love, Tracy - MISTAKE (but only sometimes)lol
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
thank God...DON'T YOU EVER DO THAT AGAIN...YOU HEAR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have been so worried about you...everyone has.   i even sent you an email.

you didn't become an addict overnight...so why do you think that you can have a new and improved life overnight.   it takes time hun...remember...getting off the pills is the easy part.  addiction has been your way of life for quite a while now...and that is what you know...what you lived...but it will come bruce.   the problem is though...it's not going to just come knocking at your door.   it's just like i told my mom after my father died.  i told her that her life from now on was going to be what SHE made it.  just like she has had to learn to live without her partner of 57 years...you have got to learn without the drugs.   just know that it takes time...it will come...you have to make it come.

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
So glad you checked in.. we were worried about you..
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.