Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

cocaine addiction

I've recently become addicted to cocaine and don't know how to stop. i can't function w/o it but it's coming between me and my family and friends and my savings. Any advice on how to quit??
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
btw i meant lift buttons not life
Helpful - 0
hello
welll done for coming here and opening up
i understand how hard it is i was addicted to cocaine for 6 yrs from the age of 12 up till i was 18. i still have many problems today dealing with it it has left me with many fears after 6yrs of feelin on top of the world every day and invinsible now i wont go out on my own i cant touch metal (very strange ) wont touch life buttons (makes life hard when your in a shopping centre and all the door handles are metal) but i think i made my point i went to a rehab centre and had counselling but as ppl hav posted u have to wan to quit to actually do it . after failing to quit after that i met a man i really liked and he knew about it and said he would leave me if i done it again i one it once more after that and then fell pregnant and have not touched it since december 2007 .

i promis you 1 thing cocaine WILL ruin your life maybe not now but in the future its all good fun to start with but then it will get ya

i urge you to please stop while ur ahead and ur concern of being kicked out as u get more dependable there will be no hiding it and you will loose everything you have i am only saying this through experience

hope you come threw the other side xx
Helpful - 0
Best of luck to you, the mind is very powerful and can beat these enticements.
Helpful - 0
Thank you all. No, I can not check into a rehab. This morning I told a close friend of mine what was going on and we're looking into steps to be taking. I'm trying my best not to let my family know b/c I know I would be kicked out. I can't risk that right now. I'm so glad I found this place. Again, thank you all so so much for the replies. I will continue to post here :)g

Meg
Helpful - 0
202347 tn?1189755825
Cocaine addiction is very different than many others. Unlike many antidepressants or estacy that ups your serotonin levels or opiates that up your endorphin levels, cocaine shoots your dopamine levels through the roof! It can be so destructive. It has been shown that a very inexpensive epilepsy drug that blocks the effects and the high  from cocaine without altering mood or other normal behaviors. It's GVG ( gamma vinyl-GABA ). elow I posted part of an article I worked on in 1998 for the journal "synapse." You may want to consider asking your doctor about this as it is not widely accepted for treatment of cocaise abuse and addiction. If you need help with this let me know.
xoxo- D.

"The team showed that the epilepsy drug gamma vinyl-GABA, or GVG, blocked cocaine's effect in the brains of primates, including the process that causes a "high" feeling in humans.

GVG also significantly decreased the amount of time that rodents spent in areas where they had previously received cocaine. Such behavior is important in human drug addiction.

But GVG did not stop animals' routine functions such as learning, eating and moving; nor did it cause other obvious side effects."

Helpful - 0
admitting you have aproblem is the first step, girl I was addicted to cocaine , I snorted it, shoot it in my veins(the best way), and smoked crack, the only way I quit was the desire to quit. I didn't want too , my addiction lead me to dope traps where I was given up my azz , now you may say I will not do that ..... I did to at 20 when I was snorting it , but then it progressed as all addictions do and . But I simply didn't want to do it anymore. So if you have to check into a rehab , tell a good friend who can help you , go to cocaine anonymus meetings , come here , spill your guts , we love you no matter what Keri
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
You are gonna have to WANT to quit with everything inside you.. and also have lots and lots of support.. coming here and posting was a good step.. welcome to the site.. most of us are dealing with pain med addictions but are knowledgable about other drugs..  Can you go to a rehab?? They really do help so much.. they at least get you "out" for awhile.. even if its a week.. helps break the pattern..
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.