Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I'm New and VERY scared!!!

I have been reading often, for many, many, weeks actually, and someone needs to PLEASE do something about the girl who drank all that Nquil!  I'm so worried about it, I think that someone who speaks of ending it, needs help, but I don't know how, and I hate it.  I'm scared she might have done something really bad to herself.  Being a mom of many, it worries me even more to know that she could do that, and there is nothing we can do.

I have been an addict for 6 yrs, on hydrocodone, and I am trying to quit.  I have been reading over the last few weeks, and just now got the nerve to post, I wasn't sure if you guys would want another burden like me.  I'm a good woman with a strong mind and compassionate heart.  I can listen well, and cry alot of tears, and need someone to wipe mine every now and then too.  I'm scared to get clean, I don't know if anyone will like me after it.  But I have to try to find out, huh?
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
welcome sweetie.. we need more caring people like you.. I already sent a message out so hopefully something can be done about the girl I am very worried..

If you  WANT to quit then you are half way there.. we all want to support you in this.. how do you plan to stop?? taper?? cold turkey?? with a docs help?? how much are you taking per day and for how long??
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
Welcome to the forum. There are some nice people here for support. Getting clean is never easy, but the ones like you that have the right mindset will recovery. You show compassion and kindness. Who can beat that combo??

Take care and keep posting.....hugs....LS
Helpful - 0
Wow!  Thanks a million!  How kind you both are to welcome me like that.  I didn't think I would get such a nice warm welcome, I'm normally invisible to most people, so this is different for me, to have such sweet people notice I'm even alive.

Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
There will be more people posting to you when they get up. I'm heading to bed and I wanted to let you know that not as many people are on this late so some won't see your post until later.

If your post goes too far down it will go to the next page.If that happens post it again so all will see it. This isn't like most forums. When a post is made it doesn't move it to the top.

Happy to meet you and I will be online off and on tomorrow and at night for sure.

Hugs....LS
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.