Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

withdraws

can tramadol help with withdraws. will it keep you from having sweats and the symptoms that come with withdraws?
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
610505 tn?1329603723
Tramadol is the worse addictive drug youll ever to and get off of.  Dont ever substiture them to go off vicodin.  Also, Xanax is in the family of Klonapin.  Dont sub Xanax to help with Klonopin withdrawel.  See a Dr.  
Helpful - 0
554880 tn?1222458740
I have been on Trams for 4 years and finally told my doctor that I wanted off , He said to be safe I need to taper over a few months, Trams are a scary drug, NO matter what they might help please dont take them because you will be opening a new can of nasty worms. Good luck . and please stay away from them
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the advice.  The xanax seems to work for klonapin withdrawal. I have a lot of trams so I'll try to taper off.  One problem is to distinguish between withdrawal and the original anxiety that that started the whole pill taking thing. thanks
Helpful - 0
Trammys are the great lie don't take them please they really **** with you brain.
Helpful - 0
199177 tn?1490498534
PLZ dont take tramadol many people here are highly addicted .... How much kolonapin have you been thinking and for ow long .It is VERY dangerous to CT off of benos there is a chance of sezuires .
Helpful - 0
605114 tn?1252108396
ps. clonidine helps with sweats/chills. i think its a blood pressure med, but commonly used in withdrawal. it works. but kind of makes you tired and gummy mouthed and sometimes lightheaded. but i couldnt do without them at the moment!
Helpful - 0
605114 tn?1252108396
yes. they do a bit. i dont know what u w/d-ing from, but yeah, ive found they help, well, with methadone w/d's anyway. but i dont know how wise it is as ive seen theres posts on here of ppl trying to get off them, so they must be addictive also. they do take away sweats and chills. they also stop the diarreah thing to a degree.
im trying not to take them though, i dont know if taking them is just putting off the withdrawals for a while. if you are going to use them to help, maybe take as minimal as possible when you feel really bad, but don't just take them every time u feel yuk. i'm in same boat, and it is hard not to take them when you feel the yukkies coming on bad, but i dont want to get addicted to them instead!
Helpful - 0
402205 tn?1230481005
I would not recommend it as it is addictive as well. If you are seeing a doctor I would ask about other drugs that can help with withdrawals or look at teh amino acid protocol in the Health Pages.

Melissa
Helpful - 0
I am going through clonazepam (klonopin) withdrawal. I have been also taking  tramadol. It may reduce the effects of withdrawal but I can't be sure since I have never gone through withdrawal cold turkey. I am going to try xanax and see if it works. I am a veteran and I get my medication through the mail. But something has delayed the refill and I feel terrible.
Good Luck.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.