Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

This is so sweet, I just had to share it...

My daughter just called from Jacksonville and she and her brother want to take me to Seaworld for Mother's Day.  It made me cry.  I can remember when I used to take them places and now they are doing it for me!  As most of you know, I'm 36 and single again with two kids in college and sometimes I get very lonely.  My kids never did very much for me; it seemed like I did all the giving.  But it's like they've matured or something.  I am just on cloud nine and I can't wait until Mother's Day weekend!
On a natural high,
Yoda
16 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm finally back on for awhile and I just read it!  So happy for you :-)  As I said, it will be a memorable experience to cherish and treasure.....and  you'll get to experience all of it clean -- that's the most amazing part of it all!!!  Way to go, kids.  They surprise you sometimes, don't they?  They really can come through.  We just have to allow them the time and space and continue to encourage compassion and caring in them.  I hope you all have a marvelous time, I'm sure you will.  I LOVE Sea World and so do  my kids (6 and 8).  Maybe we can come visit sometime :-)  (my husband is an airline pilot, so we've been known to head for various places kind of spur of the moment)

Anyway, you sound so happy and thrilled (not panicked or anxious), so I'm sure all of that has been figured out.  Good for you!  

Happy Day!! :-)
Helpful - 0
I have only had panic attacks when I start crying and my body fights it, as I have always been ashamed to cry. Just let it out!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
I do tend to hold things in, but there was no holding back last night.  :)  Anyway, thanks for the advice.  And if you'll read my post near the top entitled "I think I figured it out", maybe it wasn't a panic attack at all.
Thanks again,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
Thanks for being concerned.  One moment I was on cloud nine and then all of a sudden I thought I was having a panic attack.  And the mere thought of having a panic attack makes you panic.  I was really scared because I couldn't catch my breath, I was shaking and I burst into tears.  Then it was really hard to breathe.  So I just had to go lie down and finally calmed down.  But thank you for being concerned.  That means so much to me.
Peace and love,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
Ooh, this is weird.  I felt like I was having a full blown panic attack.  I used to be plagued with them.  Maybe I got too excited?
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
you and your kids probably had the struggles my mom and I had.. due to closeness in age.. I think when kids have younger parents they cross the line alot easier..hard to look at them like a parental figure especially when they are in puberty.. I did this with my mom.. she is only 17 years older than me.. I grew out of it.. looks like they are too..
Helpful - 0
Yeah he already runs his mouth I want to slap him silly yeah he gets that from me!!!!!!!!!!! His father an I r both addicts , so......... I pray that is not one of his battles
Helpful - 0
I think you're right about the age thing.  I got pregnant with my daughter and had to get married, so I was a mother at 16.  Then when she was only nine months old, I got pregnant with my son.  I also already know that my son has an addictive personality just like me.  He used to drink like a fish, doesn't do that anymore but smokes weed and justifies it as his relaxation after a long, hard day of school.  But I've seen the maturity popping out, just like at Easter, and I'm totally, totally blown away.
Happy Yoda
Helpful - 0
That's very good advice and I intend to take it.  I'm so excited, I don't even know if I can calm down enough to sleep.  (and I already have sleeping problems)!
Thank you,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
You ok??
Helpful - 0
I don't know what happened.  All of a sudden I started having a hard time catching my breath and got really shaky and started crying.  I don't know what's wrong with me.
Helpful - 0
I just had the same thing happen to me sat night.  ive never had anything like it before.  Take deep breaths and think of something good.  i had to take xanax which I have because apparently it helps with back pain also.  I thank god that I had it that night.  Ive been on the verge of another one all day, but so far ive held it off.

GOOD LUCK!!
Helpful - 0
Yes, I guess they do love me.  But what surprises me so much is my son.  It was just last year when he was yelling and cussing at me because I cut off his cell phone.  He was going way over his minutes and had been warned.  I remember him getting in my face so many times and now he's actually thinking of me?  I'm blown away but very, very happy.
RBC3, I don't want to spoil it for you darling but you have a lot to go thru with your son between now and college.  But it's not all bad.  I just had wild children.  They took after their mother!
Love ya'll,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
Have a great mother's day.  Be really present.  Actually stop and think about where you are this moment (when you're in a great moment) and kind of store it somewhere in your heart that when you remember the weekend, you know for sure that you didn't miss any of the good things.  That's the moment you can bring out again in your memory and relive it with gratitude.
I'm a mom too.
Gnomie
Helpful - 0
That is wonderful, totally unselfish of them , what a great thing , girl have lots of fun and spend lots of money , dont hold back God bless you and your children. I wonder what it will be like when my son Weston leaves for college he is 12 now  xxxooo Keri
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
thats great you deserve it.. your kids love you very much..
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.