Aa
A
A
A
Close
199177 tn?1490498534

DutchessGolden, Thank you

dutchess,
Thank you for all of the info on PAWS I am going to save it!!! Reading thru it helped me quite a bit . Thank you for your posts they are always very helpful.
Avis
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
202347 tn?1189755825
It's not a problem at all. I'm just glad that it can do someone some good. It has been very effective with many of my patients.
xoxo- D
Helpful - 0
188987 tn?1196280753
Your piece on PAWS was amazing and very helpful.  You should publish that, because thats the kind of stuff more people need to know.  How long did it take you to write that?  How did you learn all that?
Helpful - 0
202347 tn?1189755825
Thank you so much! I'm glad it is helpful. I have published many articles on neuroscience, addiction, biological psych......u name it. I have a masters degree from Pepperdine and doctorate from UCLA, I own my own practice in my own building, with a specialty in Neurology and I am CAADAC certified. My husband is a doctor at a methadone clinic and in private practice and my mother is an attorney specializing in medical law ( grow up with her and try not getting into medicine!) And my father is a CEO of a major pharmaceutical co.

PS Taking the time to write all that: After a double major at UCLA, masters @ pepperdine, one doctorate @ UCLA, another just finished @ Oxford and teaching sunday school, elementary, and counseling jr. high since the age of 16- You learn your way around "making time" Did I mention I have a 3 year old daughter? It all sounds insane but we do it everyday. med. school is child's play compared to law school, mothers of 5 and 6 working 2 or 3 jobs with no husband around and no one to help, you see it everyday. Since my freshman year of college (at 16) Everyone who came for advice about how to balance partying and school, there was one thing I've always told them: "you just do it!" That's it, it's a thousand words wrapped into 4, just get it done...period! Turn the phone off, ignore visitors, go to the top floor of the library, whatever you need to do to JUST GET IT DONE, after that everything else will balance itself.

GAWD! I ramble, sorry

xoxo- D.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.