Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Thanks DutchessGolden

Thank you soooo much for all of your postings and information that you gave me.  It is soo much easier to ask you these questions than my actual dr.  I know that I eventually should/need to but for right now it is just nice to admit this stuff to some people.  About 6 motnhs before I came clean with my eating disorder I went on to a chat room and talked with people there about it all.  I eventually was able to admit and overcome my addiction.  The people in that chatroom really helped and I feel the same type of support here!  Thanks for everything!  I will say that part of my fear of telling my dr is that they will want me to stop and as I said before the 3 or 4 norco I take a day really makes me accomplich way more than I did on any or RX my dr gave me.  I know that sounds terrible and I am sure there is something that would maybe work better for me, I am just nervous!  I have already tried zoloft, paxil, welbutrin, buspar, clonopin, xanax, valium, ridilin, straterra, lamictal and propanonal. I am sure a lot of you have experienced this!  I just had trying all these different drugs and their side effects. Is there any drug that will not be as addicting as norco but have the same results?  Thank you again for all your help!!
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
yeah I liked the enerygy pain pills gave me and motivation
Helpful - 0
LOL....ya never stop do ya?
Helpful - 0
I know how hard it is in terms of the energy thing.  That is what I struggle with the most.  I could accomplish so much while taking the hydrocodone and it really made a huge difference.  I have taken adderall too but it reminds me too much of a coke high and so I don't want to do anything productive, just smoke a lot of cigs and talk and talk and talk.  
Right now, I just want to find my natural energy and motivation.  I just don't know if it will ever happen.  It seems so impossible.  However, I had a cocaine addiction about 3 years ago and it took a solid year for me to feel like myself again.  Now, I don't even think about coke.  I know I like it but I don't need or want it.  I don't even think about it and for so long, I was obsessed.  
All I can say is time heals.  (at least I hope it will)
Helpful - 0
Thats funny that you mention coke.  My natural personality is to smoke ciggs and talk and talk. lol  I have some friends that do coke on occassion and the alwys think that I am right there with them even though I didn't do any ;)  I like to take things to stop the racing and worrying.  People always wonder how I stay soo skinny, I do everything(like I m on coke, always have) at a 100 miles an hour and I worry all the time!!!!!  If I don't have something specific to worry about, I event it!  I guess that is why I like to smoke pot.  I relax a little.  Whenever I would take valium I would be like wow here is what normal people feel like.  However pot is something else I probably should stop doing.  Boy do I enjoy self destructive activities, I guess :)   sorry for the ramble!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.