Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Back to WithDrawal Land for me~

Well - I planned out my... 4th vacation for Vicodin WD's. My something-teen'th time at trying to quit...

I have something positve to look forward too -- I burned all my bridges -- it took a bit over a year to build up the courage to do so - but all my sources are not more - sweet!

Granted, my positve attitude at the moment could be due to I'm buzzing at the moment -- or at least, I have narcs flowing in the blood -- this will end in tomorrow night.

Now - my plan is slightly flawed - should I quit tomorrow night, I'd be on day 2 my last day of work - I can't do that. So Thursday, I'm taking 1/2 a suboxone (they make me nauseous, so I wont be trading one for another) - normally I would be looking to feeling physically better Sunday, and mentally maybe Monday/Tuesday night -- I think the Sub might delay it a day or so - but at least I have the whole week off to deal with it.

Anyway - you'll probably hear a lot of whining from me in the near future, but here's to looking to hope for the first time (I obviously have no self control - so cutting off the suppy is my next best hope!).
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Congratulations on cutting off your supply.  You are very strong to do that.  Just breath and you can get through it.  Time will pass.  that is for sure, however slowly it may feel.  We are pulling for you.
Helpful - 0
Hey I am here for you . Keep on keepin on, we are all here for you xxoo Keri
Helpful - 0
Quote: **however slowly it may feel** -- the funny part about that quote is - that's the biggest reason I can't do this at work -- my first ~5ish days of WD's go SOOO SLOW. Minutes feel like hours - hours feel like days -- days feel like weeks - etc... 1 day at work during WD's feels like a life time of torture - even if it is what would be an otherwise "easy" day - WD's at home is miserable - WD's at work is torture. It's not so much the physical part -- I could fake a cold - and it isn't so much depression - it's more like anxiety that wont go away.

Anyway - with bridges burned - I feel like I might have a fighting chance. Yea, I can never take pain meds *ever* in the future - but I feel like if I can make it through a month or so - I should be safe.

Here's to hoping -- and I hope I don't annoy you all to much in the coming days. :)
Helpful - 0
Oh -- and in the past - I thought I was being dangerous with too much hydrocodone -- I actually have probably destroyed my liver with too much tylenol. I have on a few occassions taken at least 8G of it -- that's twice the 'maximum' dosage your liver should have in 24h.
Helpful - 0
202563 tn?1192377417
Good Job.....That's just what I did.....I ratted myself out to my Dr......I told all my street suppliers to stay away and I went CT....I'm on day 8 and still have problems.....but 1000% better than a week ago........You can do it!......just don't put a time limit on Detox....Rest....try to eat......Drink lots........Just post on this board whenever you feel bad or want someone to remind you how strong you are......treat the symptoms of Detox and you'll be Ok........and tell yourself its the pills doing this also!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.