Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Comment for minnie 11

I think you had ask me in a post what WDs i was having I am having WDs from 2 years of Tramadol(ultram) use. its the usual WDs bone and mussel pain, gittery, sleeplessness, flue like symptoms, no energy, short winded, hot flashes, chills, bad night sweats, swishing sound in my head and the list goes on... reguardless as to what any Dr. tells you i can tell you this, Tramadol is as addictive as opiats and the withdrawls are just as bad if not worse.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I know this wasn't to me but I just wanted to say HI and I hope you are doing better.  I know these symptoms are absolutely the worst in the world and no one understands unless they have done it or seen someone they love do it.  I really am so sorry that you are going through all of this (esp since no doc thinks anything of giving this med - b/c most are idiots and wont really read the research or listen when told)  One doc tried to give me Ultram when I was w/d and I told him where to take the rx.  Maybe he knows now...lol
anyway, I hope things start looking up for you soon, just glad your here, so let me know if there is anything you need from me.  I hope you are able to rest.

sincerely,
Tracy (mistake)
Helpful - 0
Thanks so much for the info - I know how addictive Ultram is. In Denmark where I live the doctors are now warning about the addictive nature of the drug, it is just supposed to take longer to become addicted because it is a synthetic opiate, but it is HIGHLY addictive, as we both know.
Congratulations on making it to day six, that is fantastic and you will soon be over the worst. I am only starting out - tapering - and quitting c/t on Saturday, where I have a couple of days off, wish I were where you are at. Wish me luck.
Hope you feel better soon
Minnie

Helpful - 0
my dr still swear that it is not addictive......I have been addicted to it for 11 years, so I guess I know more than him.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.