Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Doctors have no sympathey on us !!!

How come  dr,s cant understand what we go thrue?  i mean it was like pulling hens teeth to get my doc to step me off Tram.  I know i took the stuff on my own will but she helped by giving me the scrips for the past 2 years. and  its like  "ohWell" here you are on your own now and it. sucks to be you" !.. the nexxt time i talk to her i am going to tell her all i need is help getting off this sh*t, and shes going to help me get off it like it or not.  You just dont do that to people. thats messing with ones life and its id hard enough in this big world without sh*t like this. am i wrong in saying this or am i just upset and mad with WDs ?
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You are totally right, your doctor ought to try to help you every way he/she can.

But you seem to be dooing great on your own - and good for you. If you are on day six the worst should be over real soon. You are truly an inspirationan for me - knowing that you have quit tramadol which is what I take too.
Hang in there.
Minnie  
Helpful - 0
I hear ya loud and clear.  Don't know whether you saw my post of a day or so ago.  AFter being on lorazepam (2 mg every night) for insomnia, which hit hard after having both my kids, and after going to this same neurologist for at least 5 years who's been prescribing this stuff to  me all along, never a mention of the possibility of a dependency.....after all that, he decides he's going to take his sweet time returning my phone call (a week), and in the meantime, I'm in complete w/d.  THEN, even after knowing that and my other situation with the recent surgery, out of whack hormonal levels, etcl,, he went on a tirade that he wasn't going to give me anymore.  Unbelievable.  It's not even as if we've ever had a conversation in the past 5 years about gee, these can be addicting, or how are you taking them, are you not abusing them, do they still work for you at that same dosage, etc.  Never a word.  NOW, days after major surgery and trying to get my body out of hormonal shock, NOW he decides he's going to take the high road and say "no more."  Gee, nice doc, huh?  He not only yelled at me on the phone the other night (when I was in tears),but also at my husband who had to take the phone from me because I was shaking so bad.  So, in other words, I hear what you're saying, and I believe the same thing.  It's all a slippery slope.  I guess doctor's dont know from the start which patients might have an addictive-type personality -- but regardless, over time of taking anything that can cause a physical dependency, I think anyone will develop one.  Comments?
Helpful - 0
AAAAAAAAmen  Sister
Helpful - 0
Doctors can be so cold! It's so rare to find one who really cares about his patients.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.