Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

over use of pain killers

My daughter is 24, in an abusive relationship and takes over doses of pain killers on a regular basis, 10 - 20 tablets at a time of over the counter paracaetamol, codiene, Mersindol etc. She is attempting to shut it all out and just wants to go to sleep, forever sometimes. What are the health risks of taking all these pain killers ( liver damage? ) and what can be done to help repair the damage she is doing to her body ??
thank you for your honesty
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi!  I read your reply to a post of mine.  It's nice to talk to a fellow teacher with the same problem as me.  You know, you look around and see all of these teachers at school who are so peppy and seem to have everything together, and just love their job and do everything so wonderful.....YUCK!  They make me sick!:)LOL.
Helpful - 0
maybe this could help....
I'm 26 and I wish my mom would stop me, hug me, console me, but I'm too afraid to let her down to ask for help. Maybe your daughter's the same way.  Help her, but UNDERSTAND her.  That's all she wants.  
Helpful - 0
202563 tn?1192377417
I will be frank and say that the LEAST of her problems will be her liver if she continues acting like she is.......She needs help......and it sounds like she is crying out for it.......
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.