Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Question for Fishmeal's Wife

Just curious if you took vicadin every day of your pregnancies? Thanks.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
177036 tn?1192286635
I took 3 most of the pregnancy (ES).  At times when the pain was severe, I took 4 or 5. I was also working on my feet three 13 hour days consecutively, three weeks out of the month.
Helpful - 0
195648 tn?1231812118
I took no more than 4-6 a day depending on how bad it was.  I was prescribed it by my ob/gyn.  If you stop and are already pregnant please don't go cold turkey as the stress could cause miscarriage.  Talk to your dr.  If your dr knows about it they can either wean you off or treat the baby for withdrawls after it's born.
Too much can be bad because of the level of acetametaphen... (SP?)

Helpful - 0
195648 tn?1231812118
Hi.  I just wanted to let yo know that I did.  I took percocet or vicodin nearly every day of my pregnancy but stopped about a month before I was due so she wouldn't ssuffer any withdrawals although I was assured that if she did, they could manage it easily with medications if they were aware.. I just didn't want my little girl to start this world medicated.
She's VERY healthy and VERY smart and VERY large......
Helpful - 0
Do you mind telling me how many you took during your pregnancy? Just curious. I am going to try to quit taking the hydrocodone all together, but I'm afraid the pain will be too much, so I am trying to make a decision about this. Thanks for the info...
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.