Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I need advice; subject is not addiction related but...

I need some advice.  My daughter is a junior in college in Jacksonville.  She called me tonight and said she's been getting calls and emails from one of her professor's that are not professional or relating to the college or subject.  He is basically sexually harrassing her, not physically, but with the calls and emails.  She asked me what she should do.  Unfortunately, having a bad rapport with your professor can make you or break you.  But she shouldn't have to be subjected to this.  I need to tell her how to handle the situation and I want to be able to give her the best advise.  Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you,
Yoda
12 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I know this is late and so my opinion doesn't get counted w/ the on time ones but I wanted to say something.......When i read all of this, it just made me think this:

YODA:  You should be soooo proud of how u raised your daughter and what kind of relationship you have with her.  She is very lucky to feel safe coming to you with anything and know you will not FREAK (at least not to her lol) and you will do the best thing for her and give her the best advice you have, after really giving it lots of thought.  Also, it is so hard not to act on emotion when you hear something like this.  I know I would have, and I have to give it up to the control!!!  You, my friend, are a very good mamma.

FLADDICT - I love u.  U are going to be the best mamma.  But, your baby, needs to tie u down and then tell u the news   lol j/k i would be just the same.  GIRL, i read ur posts back and thought OMG, she is just like me.  does that scare the hell out of you, or what??? lol  Really, I think u are great, and I wish u would go down there and castrate his sick. old ass.   yuck!

LOU - you are crazy crazy crazy.  Maybe we could give this winner your email address so he could talk dirty with a real woman.......hu.........LOL  ROFL!!!!  Goodness, i crack myself up.   Really, u can lighten a room w/ your dumb, what does he look like?  lol       and only u get excited about a road trip to cut off the penis of a teacher.....hahahahhahah  ok im tired again.  i love you liz.

The only thing this post is missing is Georgia w/ a funny remark and wow, what an archive.  lol

ok, im done, just wanted to say something to everyone, cause this one pulled me.  have a good one.
tracy
Helpful - 0
Oh, that's too funny.  Will you go over there with me during the summer and we can take care of the dastardly deed?  haha  You gave me a good laugh.  
Love,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
In these days of nuts on college campuses I would definitely save all the voice mails he leaves and print hard copies of the e-mails.  Did she forward you any of the e-mails for your opinion? It is unethical for profs to hit on students but it seems to happen a lot.  It is better to be safe than sorry.  I think I would take a look at those e-mails and maybe contact the school yourself.  I am sure your stomach is probably in knots right now.

dak
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
well...i think it would depend on what he looks like...lol

ok...calm down...i'm just kidding :)

i am in TOTAL agreement with fladdict...keep track of everything.   that is sooooo wrong.   i hope this can get resolved without it going any further.

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
   I just thought of something, I think this is her last week or maybe next week is and then she's out for the summer.
   I think she should save everything too.  But maybe she can get by without making waves, pass her final, and hopefully not be bothered by this man anymore.
   But I do think at some time, his behavior should be reported.  It makes me fighting mad.  I want to go over there and kick is butt for hitting on my little baby girl!
   Thank ya'll for answering.
Love,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
wait til break and then report him.. I would.. will she have him next semester?? she should try to transfer into another class if possible if she has him again.. If I were her mother I would have him castrated..
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
save every record of everything...  you are right it could make or break her..if she ends up getting a bad grade from her not responding to his advances she will have proof.. I personally would sue.. thats inapproriate..
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
yes I will.. make a road trip your way pick ya up.. head to J-ville.. seriously though I think its sick when older men of authority do this to young girls.. its awesome that she said something to you about it.. I would start writing letters and emails to the dean now and get them in the mail a day or so before she is out for break. He deserves to be reprimanded.. and who knows how many other girls he is doing this too.. and how far he has gone with them.. Report him and don't second guess it for a second.
Helpful - 0
Mom, I forgot what state you live in.  Are you close enough to go with me and Fladdict to take care of this creepy professor?  It really did upset me when my daughter called and told me what was going on.  She didn't send copies of his emails to me but she did email me the documentation she's been keeping:  like he set up a new email account for her and told her "Now, remember, you have a private e-mail which you can send me dirty e-mails
Helpful - 0
She didn't send me the emails but told me about them and also sent a list of things she had been documenting.  Actually I'm surprised she shared so much with me.  She's pretty private, just like I am.  And there's been times when something has gone on (that maybe I could've helped her with) and I didn't find out until after the fact.  Thank you for your advice.  I surely need it.
Yoda
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
woooo hoooo...a road trip...YIPPEE...got to love a road trip with the girls.   anyone got a convertible?   we could be like thelma, louise, and mom...lol...of course without the same ending...would be nice though if we could meet up with brad pitt like they did.   first dibs ! ! ! !   hey...age before beauty.

is this before or after mine and stephanie's trip to the caribbean?   wanna go?

holler with the plans...hehe

huggs,
kim (booboo)

Helpful - 0
I'm running out to get milk but will be right back.
Yoda a/k/a Yogi
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.