Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Drs. that have no sympathy

I read this post from jeffrey1963 and was so scared because i was going to talk to my dr about quitting today and its a new dr because mine is on medical leave right now.  I was so scared I only got through the night because of 2 xanax.  I just want everyone to know that not every dr is like the one that jeffrey1963 and a few of you others have had.  This dr was sooooo nice and listened to what my husband and I had to say and totally didnt judge me, in fact, he kind of chuckled because he was expecting me to have a much bigger problem.  He refilled both my percocet and oxy scripts, but he didnt give them to me, he gave them to my husband with very explicit instructions of how to give them to me.  I was so relieved and grateful, but for everyone else out there, there are drs who will listen and understand and help without judging!  Just make sure you tell them the truth and dont leave anything out.  I laid my entire story out for him and feel so much better now!
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
thats great to hear.. and good for you for being honest with your doc.. with your hubby's help you should be able to taper down. I hope your hubby is tough and can handle it..
Helpful - 0
What a great story.  It is so good that you have family support like that.  He must be a wonderful husband.
Helpful - 0
My husband is tough.  I kind of thought that when we got home he would be more laid back, but I went to the pharmacy tonight to get the scripts and when i got home he actually counted them to make sure that I only took the 1 percocet that I was supposed to take.  But that is what I need or Ill go take a whole bunch....just one last time.   (yeah right!)
Helpful - 0
Hi Babs!

Glad you have a good plan.  You are so lucky that your husband is so supportive.  Of course, I haven't given mine a chance.  I'm so terrified that he'll be dissapointed and ashamed of me.  Or that he'll stop loving me.  He's a wonderful man, just doesn't understand the concept of being addicted to something.  

T
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.