Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Weak, addicted, but on the mend

May I suggest before anyone starts taking 30 vics a day...consider what it will be like if you are hospitalized and the dr. wants to give you two every four hours for pain.
My injury has been enligtening.  I am putting my health at risk not only through addiction, but through the lies I tell health professionals.  Just want to help YOU learn from my mistakes.  I know you are waiting for the answer...did i tell??
You know me better than that, mums was the word...just said "the pain is not being managaged...I don't know why...a person of my weight and height would need all these meds.  I can't figure it out either doc."  But bring on the morph.

I am in a bad place, emotionally...but somehow just going through the emotions is better than living numb.  I WILL GET THIS ADDICTION FIGURED OUT AND I WILL FIND HAPPINESS AND MY DREAMS WILL COME TRUE.   Some days just slam you, about just how addicted you are.  Man, they are some stone cold sober days...not even remembering how it got THIS bad.  Funeral Monday and Divorce court Tuesday...I will be resting until then.  Sorry still haven't checked e-mail.  Hope you friends are checking in on the forum and know I am ok.
Tonight I will sit awhile, lurk, read, catch up,and ofcourse write to my angels.  

Thank you forum members new, and old, who are here to talk to when it is needed most.  I need you, and I appreciate you.
Peace~
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hey girl, are you on right now??? i soooo want to talk to you. we need to exchange our "hospital war stories" i posted to you yesterday about my ICU stay this past weekend. so if you are reading this right now, please post me back and i will tell you what happened to me or let me know if your email is up and running and i'll write to you....

feel better...i'm praying for you...

luv ya,
tink  :)
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
hey sweetie...so glad to see your name and hear that you are back home.   i was so worried about you....AND...missed you.

yep...i am one of the ones who has been emailing you...several of us have...and no one could understand where you were and why you had not emailed anyone back.   well...now we know.

can't wait til you get back...full swing!!!!!   want to know all about it...hell, i'm a woman...want ALL the details...lol

get some rest and take care,
big huggs coming your way,
kim
Helpful - 0
glad ur back, girl and I hope u are taking it easy.  just told Tink the same and I know she is around here, so you too, child!!!  Really, u obviously went through a ton and I am just so sorry, and understand about managing the pain after lying.  You know....all that irony really sux, hu???  Did they give u enough to feel better?  a little?  Gosh, I really hope they did, I hate pain more than anything...im the biggest wimp.  U R one strong woman, and Im glad u r ok.  or will be soon.  You obviously have a lot coming up so please rest.........and spend the reflecting on your plans cause I know u will do this, esp what u have been through.  Things happen to us for such strange reasons, but when we look back its like...ok, i get it, obvious and taught me a lesson.  At least it's that way for me.   anyway, im glad u r here now, because u inspire so many ppl when u post, and so many need it now, girl   whew!!!  lol  

OK so lurk a  little , it is much more fun....I feel like a spy...im dumb and know it but I like being around and no one knowing it.  hahah  I really need to get a life....lol    ok, not so funny!   lol

see u soon,
love and prayers,
tracy (mis take)
Helpful - 0
   Sorry it's going so rough for you but you sound like you'll get through it.  And you do have a lot of friends here and a lot of people that missed you!  I wanted to tell you a little story too of the time I had to have a tumor removed from my ovary.  First of all, they didn't give me enough anesthesia and I woke up during the procedure (they didn't know how tolerant I was of drugs I guess) and then for pain they wanted to give me some nondescript nothing that didn't even faze my pain.  Fortunately I had thought ahead and hidden my oxys in my makeup bad.  I'm not suggesting that anyone do this because it could cause complications or overdosing if one was medicating themselves while the hospital was too.  But that's the only way I got any relief from the pain.  
   Hang in there girl.  You're going to make it!
Good luck to you,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
I'm somewhat new to the forum (just a few days old), so I'm still learning and catching up with people's lives and situations.  I caught on to yours because I, too, recently had surgery (2 1/2 weeks ago) -- complete hysterectomy -- and was scared to death that the ensuing pain medication to manage the post-operative pain wouldn't be adequate.  They tried percocet (5/325's) -- what a joke.  Moved to shots of Dilaudid.  Worked like a charm.  Got 3 shots during the 24 hours or so I was in he hospital.  Then I had to go home and manage the pain with the wimpy percocets.  That was more of a challenge, but doable.  I just had to take 2 at a time, every 3-4 hours.  Needless to say, those 20 percocets (with no refills allowed, due to my stingy, conservative doctor) were gone in about 3 days.  Thankfully, I had some lortabs to continue with.....but then I depleted my supply so that when my bad headaches hit, I was without pain medication and that posed a whole other problem (one I'm still currently trying to deal with).  During this same 2 week time period after surgery, I went thru lorazepam w/d's (worst time of my life) and trying to even figure out if my totally messed up body was addicted/dependent upon lortabs or not or if it was just a psychological fear or what.  I'm still not sure.  I just know that when I have pain, I can't take the normal "tame" stuff that so many others take.  I need the harder stuff, no doubt as a result of my taking lortabs, even in smaller dosages, over a 10-15 year period.  Scary to think that I could have done permanent damage to my brain.  Anyway, all of this rambling to say that I'm truly sorry to hear about your surgical pain situation.  I can really empathize.  It's almost as if I can physically and emotionally feel your pain and despair.  I guess that's what this forum is all about.  We get each other, no matter what our bodies are addicted to.  I hope things get better for you, and I hope you recover well after surgery so that your body can deal with one thing at a time.  There's nothing worse than recovering from major surgery AND going through major w/d, both at the exact same time.  I'm living (almost dead!) testament to that.  Please, my prayers are with you.  Let me know how things are going, ok?  I'm newer here (first came on last Monday, I think), but I'm finding this feels like home.  I guess that's the beauty of it.  It's like a lifeline when we need it the most.  So nice to know that others out there really care.  Good luck, take care, and keep us posted.  Blessings to you.....     Kim
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.