Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
177003 tn?1266270355

TO ALL THE NEW PEOPLE

Welcome!! I have been here since Feb. and you have come to the right place if you want support to help get clean. Many of you are addicted to opiates and it's not easy to quit them. You can come here and talk to others that are going through the same thing.

If you w/d by tapering or c/t you can find someone that has done it and will tell you what worked for them. Personally, I'm  tapering from fentanyl patches and it's hard but with support and friends here it's possible. I have tapered four steps and have one to go and then I'm done.

If any of you want to talk, I'm usually here until late.

To all my old friends ((((((((((big hugs))))))))......LS
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks for the warm welcome.  I found you all this morning, and it seems like a nice place to be!  I was posting somewhere else a while back, but instead of support for getting clean, I felt more like I got excused for staying on opiates.  I come up with enough excuses on my own...don't need any new ones!  It was not a bad place, just not what I needed.  Anyway, I posted part of my long story today, and it felt good just to get it out.  I feel that this is a very supportive place, and I look forward to getting to know you all.
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
Welcome and thanks for posting back. We have had people that were still using and somewhere along the line they decided to quit. I understand. It's a big step and a scary one.

I'm w/d'g from fentanyl pain patches. They're 80-100 times as strong as morphine. I should have never been put on them, but that's a long story. They are truly hell to w/d from, but so is any drug a person is addicted to.

I'm going to remember this night and hopefully someday after you are clean, I can tell you about this time when you weren't sure about quitting. I have faith in you. I don't think you would be here if it wasn't in the back of your mind to quit.

Take Care my Friend......LS
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Soooo?? Does this mean you are back?? Or not leaving??
Helpful - 0
Thanks so much for the warm welcome!  It's nice to hear we're recognized as being here, too, for the same reason, and not being lost in the mix just because we're newbies :-)  This forum is mighty helpful, let me tell ya.  It's the best one I've found.  I'm having complications from my hysterectomy today along with cramps, some bleeding, and migraines,so who knows what the day will hold.  My son's baseball game is in 2 hours and my mom-in-law is staying with us for 3 1/2 weeks from FL.....so things are a little up in the air.  I may be back a little later......but thanks again for the welcome.  How nice of you!  Continued success with your mission to get clean.  Sounds like you're well on the way.  Good for you!  God bless.  Kimmie
Helpful - 0
Thks for having faith in me when I don't quite yet, it helps.  I truly wish you luck in your wd process let me know if you need anything.  I joke, a song,hehe or just well wishes and support!!

Thanks!!!
Sara
Helpful - 0
thanks for welcome. Ihave been reading and learning little more. Ihave a friend that told me bout this place. Iplaced a comment that took up 2 spots. If you readit start im new 2 then im new.  its pretty much my Drug history.

AJ
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the welcome!!  I just started here this past week.  I like it a lot.  i take 3-4 norco everyday for the past few years and am not ready to quit just yet but I definately dont want to increase them either.  I am hoping that reading everyones posts will inspire me from all their courage!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.