Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Clonazapam

I just googled "addiction forums" and found this site.  If anyone can provide help I would appreciate it.

I need some advice on how to deal with my fiance, who has a script for clonazapam but in the last few months has started to abuse it occasionally.  He has dealt with anxiety issues for the past 10 years due to extremely stressful situations beyond his control. I understand this and appreciate the severity of the circumstances.  I have also explained to him I would be here and support him through everything.  He has periods where he will go for weeks without a problem, but then the stress will get to be too much and he will take more clonazapam than needed.  He gets very drowsy/dopey (usually for a period of a few hours) and I can't stand it.  We have discussed this and he understands how much it bothers me, and things will be fine for a while but they inevitably end up happening again.

As i said, this has started in the last 3 months or so and he maintains things will get "back to normal" in about two months when he expects things to be cleared up with the current situation he is dealing with.

Am i doing the right thing by putting up with this?  I am not experienced in dealing with things like this, and have thought about contacting some kind of group therapy for myself.  Please, any advice would be appreciated.

3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Welcome to the forum! This is a very old post... but if you will click back to forum you can repost and get more responses. This is a great place for info, support and even friendships. It's been a life saver for me!
JoAnn
Helpful - 0
I understand because i am also on the same meds and when I get stressed i tend to take more because I feel like it takes away whats bothering me. I stop for a while and have some withdraw symptoms but i always keep some just in case and I am an admitted drug addict (cocaine) I am clean now people think that just because a Dr. prescribes it its ok..  I will try and take as prescribed and if it doesn't take away my anxitey I'll take another and another. I am sorry you have to live like that.  If this is a constant thing then i'k say he needs help.
Helpful - 0
199177 tn?1490498534
FLfiance, "Weather you are doing the right thing putting up with this" is something only you can answer for yourself . Is his using clonazpam effecting your  realationship in a bad way ?Is he missing work or other things cuz of his use ? Does he try to hide it from you ? These are just a few things to think about . We are here to help and listen .Have a great day
Avis
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.