Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
192332 tn?1189755828

From pills to booze

Hi all my friends!I'm fighting the alcohol monster now:[ I'm ashamed.Pray for me ok?
              Bruce
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
We are all thinking of u and praying for you.  We have been for a while now.  I know its hard, but you can do this, you will do this.  You need to remind yourself all the reasons you need and want to be sober.  You have already beaten the hardest and meanest monster, now you have to go up against #2.  Bruce, I know there are so many thing weighing heavy on your mind and that and the other just make it so much easier, but then it is still there when u come out of it.  Could you do some couseling to help?  I know that sounds like a whole lot of hell, but it would help and then, you have delt with it and can start living.  you deserve that, Bruce.

We are all here for you, so please let us know what we can do.

sincerely.
love,tracy
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
aaawwwhhh sweetie...that is what i was afraid of...trading one addiction for another.   i am fighting that battle here in my house too.   davis seems to be doing a little too much of it himself.

bruce...i can't remember what your feelings are about A/A...is it a good thing or a bad thing for you.   i just feel that you truly have got to become involved in some kind of support system, along with the forum.   you are not getting that from home and that is just another problem that is adding to the stress that triggers.   more than anything though...you need some grief counseling...you both do.   your wife is sinking deeper and deeper and all of this is just too hard on you.   you need to step up to the plate and get things done...don't drown your sorrow in a bottle...before long you will be right back to the pills...and i know you don't want that again.

be active in your recovery bruce...it will not just happen...you have to be involved...take the steps necessary to insure that.  you know the problems that are triggering this so work on those...it won't happen until you do.

i care about you...hell, we all do...you are so worth the effort.  you can win this battle.   just take that first step.

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
Thank you guys.I think i will get involved in aa again.You are right.I used to go to aa and felt good about it.I just have to find the right group.I'll be ok.I am so glad i have friends like you guys.God Bless all of you.
                           Bruce
Helpful - 0
Nothing to be ashamed of, but, I know it brings you down.. I agree with the post that Ms kim wrote about AA.. What about NA??  I know you need some new friends and they treat alchohol like a drug?  It couldnt hurt, the worst things is maybe you will make some friends going through the same things you are and you can Vent.... Im praying for you,,,Maybe yu can rub of on Mrs. Roofrash,,, That would be cool.. Ok, well I got to get back to spongebob squarepants, spongebob squarepants!!!!!!   Huggs, G
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I will keep you in my prayers. I have no doubt that you will beat the alcohol. You're a strong person and you have already shown that to us. Drinking is socially acceptable and I think that makes it harder to quit.It would help if everyone in your family stopped drinking until you can get strong again. Maybe that's not possible, but you will win any way.

Take Care......LS
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.