Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

To Miss thang

I do believe you have come to the right place for support.  You'll find a lot of kind and caring people here.  You will also find current addicts, recovering addicts, or someone that is close to an addict.  Because I am single, I didn't have a significant other to help me and I was too "proud" to go to my family.  I really don't think I could've made it this far without the help of the friends I've made on this board.
We are going to be here for you all the way.  I'm glad you're sharing this with your husband and I'm glad you have a counselor to talk to.  Now you can add us to your support system, and I think you'll make it.  Just reach out when you need us, ok?
Good luck,
Yoda
12 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Not sure what to call you anymore! LOL It sounds like you had a great weekend and you are doing so terrific!  It sounds like you have found yourself again....I am so glad to hear about everyone's success stories because I know when I was starting out, I didn't feel the being in recovery was possible for me. I hope your story and others will encourage all the new people who are struggling and feeling hopeless!  Welcome to all the new members Miss Thang, Vicodin for9 years!

I also wanted to comment to Tpachuck!  I read your post from yesterday where you could have gotten a script from the ER doc......way to go!!!! That takes amazing willpower and I was so very proud of you!  What a HUGE step you have taken!  I don't know that I could have been so strong!  Way to go! You are well on your way!

Stay strong everyone and please don't lose hope! There are so many here to support and enourage you!

Peace,
Marcie:)
Helpful - 0
I don't even know what to call me sometimes, haha.  But thank you for the kind comment.  And I was proud of Chuck too.  I don't know if I could've been that strong.
Love,
Yoda  68 days c/t from oxy
PS:  Lizzie Lou named me Yogi.  I messed up one day and called myself Yoga; it must've surely been a typo because I know nothing about Yoga!!!
Helpful - 0
202563 tn?1192377417
Don't be proud....I failed....I called and got 20 pills...took all but 4 so far.....but as Scarlet said....Tomorrow is another day (or something like that)
Helpful - 0
Still proud of you!  You walked out of there with nothing! You are right....tomorrow is another day and you will get back to where you were....clean! So many of us slip and so many times  but we find the strength to keep on tryiing! Hang in there okay?
Helpful - 0
I have been trying to post to you; don't know what's going on with Medhelp this morning.  My post may show up twice.  I just wanted to tell you that I can't even count the times I failed before I finally succeeded.  As long as you have the desire to quit, I think you'll make it.  And yes, tomorrow is another day.  I'm still proud of you for wanting to quit!
Yoda
Helpful - 0
202563 tn?1192377417
Thanks...I know its a long battle.......I have quit before.....but this forum helps a bunch......I like reading all the drug stuff.....It reaffirms what I already know and sometimes Its nice knowing other people like you can relate to what its like ........on a different note......medhelp went away Yoda.........I didn't see a post since he found a bottle of pills.....but he sounded like a smart guy and he will come back and know that noone will judge him because we have all been there (I have no willpower either)
Helpful - 0
I meant "Medhelp" this forum, not the person.
Helpful - 0
202563 tn?1192377417
Nevermind......
Helpful - 0
It's ok.  :)
I know who you were talking about anyway.
And how are you doing today?
Helpful - 0
202563 tn?1192377417
I'm doing well ...all things considered....Just got a clean bill of health from Moffitt and thats always good (at least for 3 months)...Don't have to go back until July! Took all my pills now and  I guess in the scheme of things 20 didn't really interfere with anything....How was your trip? Did you say you are near the Dogtrack? If so then I must be all of 6 miles or so from you.....I live north of Bearss ave....Everytime I have tried to post today I keep having to sign back in......So you're not alone......Something is up......Its such a beautiful day today....I can't believe its actually cool (or at least Florida Cool) I may go fishing tonight....Thanks for caring! Chuck
Helpful - 0
I live in N. Central FL (GO GATORS) but I have 2 kids that go to college at UNF in Jacksonville.  I think  we should do a survey on all the addicts that are from FL.  There sure seems to be a lot of us!
Yoda
Helpful - 0
202563 tn?1192377417
Ok....I see once again my memory serves me well.....One of the pitfalls of drugs (or getting old) I have both problems.....Go Gators!!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.