Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Minnie/mariyah2

Hi Ladies. Checking in to see how you are doing?

Minnie....not sure what time it is in Denmark but i know it's probably late.....I hope you are able to sleep!  It does get better and I know how irritable and anxious you must feel!  Day 4 is really great and you really stuck to your plan!  Be proud that you are making such a great effort and I know you have the resolve to do this!!!!! I know whatever I say will not make you feel better physically nor mentally but there really is hope and a light that you will be able to see soon that gets brighter with each passing day that you stay clean!  Be tough ok?

Mariyah....I'm concerned about you or maybe it is just your time to take a break. Either way, please know that I've been thinking about you and looking for you to post just to check in and let us know how you are!  I know.....it's that damn maternal instinct!  I know when my son is out with his friends, (thankfully he still has an 11P curfew, no matter how tired I am, I can't sleep until I know he is safely home!  So, let me know that you are safe ok?

Have a great day! Hope your weather is as gorgeous as ours is today!  Take care both of you!

Marcie
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi Marcie
You are so wrong thinking that such a supporting post doesn't make any difference mentally, it makes all the difference in the world, I souldn't be doing this without your support. And you are a shining example (I know, I know, I have said this a thousand times) which gives me hope that I can succeed too.

It is 7:00 p.m. in Copenhagen, after a couple of days of almost summer it is raining, and I have just had a political discussion with my oldest son, who is in a phase of political anarchy - just looking at him you wouldn't be in doubt !!! It is fine, he is 21 and very idealistic and thinks he can change the world, which is great (just wish he would look a bit more normal), but he lacks the nuances in his thinking, but we were all 21 at one time (looooong ago). I guess I can't be doing too badly being able to engage in that, and the strange thing is that I have had a couple of hours today where I felt quite good (I still take mild benzoes to help me), but then I feel terrible again - the restlessness is driving me crazy, I can't get comfortable anywhere. I hope you are right and that I will see a change for the better - if only slightly better - tomorrow on day 4. Still I'm determined so far, but I can't wait to feel better. I told my husband this morning, he didn't say very much (I also toned it down a bit), but at least I won't fake a flu I haven't got and that feels good.

How are you doing? Still having cravings once in a while, or are they fading with time? And what about your back pain? If anything could make me waver it would be more of the pain I experienced with all the root infection/amputations, but fortunately I'm doing very well, which makes it much easier to quit, I believe.
Please let me know how you are doing, and thank you so much for caring.
Minnie

Helpful - 0
I'm doing really well for the most part. I still seem to get terrible cravings and it gets me a little down. This is not everyday and I seem to get through it. I guess it is the PAWS. I am at almost 3 mos with the exception of my slip a month ago but I feel a lot better about everything. I cannot believe the difference in our finances! I was really straining them with my online purchases!   I'm so glad you have gotten yourself to this point!  While I can totally relate to how miserable it can make you feel, you know that you are doing what needs to be done!

Keep me posted....I'm not here nearly as much anymore but I still check in and post when I can! I know how much I needed this forum and it seems like it is helping you and so many others! Be strong!

Your son sounds like a man with a strong mind....idealism is not a bad thing as long as it is taken with a dose of reality.  Does he know about your addiction?  My son does because I didn't have the energy to hide the w/d from he and my oldest daughter.  In hindsight, I wouldn't change anything and would have told them again!

I hope you have lots of support....You can do this!!!

Marcie:)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.