Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Day 4 - Getting Better/Worse

Well, here's Day 4 - I'm happy to have survived the first 3. They still weren't my worse, but they were pretty rough.

Better:
So physically, I'm feeling a little better. My knees aren't sore yet, but that should start in the next few hours. No big deal though. Runs, a bit better than yesterday. Time also isn't crawling as bad as the past 2 days. Sat/Sun was horrible - while in the bath, I looked at the clock, then I did again, what felt like 10-15m later and it had only been 4.

While time isn't flying by, it's better than the last few days.

Worse:
Mentally, I'm in a funk. I'm not depressed - but *nothing* is appealing to me. I'm having a hard time to enjoy anything stimulating. Heck, if I could go diving right now (my favorite past time), I don't think I would enjoy it.

However, this is probably par for me - day 4 is usually the worse mentally. Even if I'm in a funk tomorrow, I'm hoping by day 6 to start being able to be happy again.

Oh - and I cheated for sleep -- I got 9 hours. I took 1/2 an Ambien when I woke up at 4AM - that got me another 5hrs. I really needed it since my sleep was minimal the night before.

Hope this posts, the board is acting flukey today.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have tried several times to post to you.  Don't know what's wrong with this board today.
Just wanted to say Hang In There.  Day 4 was one of the worst for me.  I hope you get this post.
Good luck,
Yoda  68 days c/t from oxy
Helpful - 0
i am on day 10 and the  first 5 were the worse for me,, now i am on day 10 and its getting better as each day passed a lot better after day 7 that was my hurdle day.. but i was a heavy tramadol user, i dont know if the WDs are as bad from it as it would be from Narcs.  hang in there you can do it... try to eat and sleep both are inportant  "just keep going one day at a time" .........-Jeff
Helpful - 0
Well - I have some shows I normally like, playing tonight. We'll see if I can enjoy 'em.

Tomorrow, I actually offered to help me mom look for some real estate. It might not be barrels of fun, but it will get me out of the house. I'm starting to go stir crazy in my house -- there's nothing I want to do, I just feel like I don't want to be here.

It's pretty sad, but what I have looked forward to, and enjoyed most these past few days is posting here. heh

I'm hoping in the next few days to be good enough to do some yard work. Mine is starting to look pretty crappy. I have some Adderall left over from my script months ago. I have maybe 24 out of 30 - so used 6 in the last 2-3 months. It helps with my adhd - but they also make me feel ... umm... I guess like what coffee jitters is like (I don't drink coffee, so don't know for sure heh). Anyway, they give me energy as well - but they also raise my BP a bit, and that makes me nervous too - so it's not much of an issue to worry about - though it bugs me to even think like that.

*sigh* look what we do to ourselves - well, I pray that we all are successful with this go-around! :)
Helpful - 0
One day at a time is right.  Oh by the way, I think I've only posted to you once and that was back in the beginning but I want you to know that I'm really proud of the progress you've made.  You can keep making progress and help others too!
Good luck,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.