Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
177036 tn?1192286635

9 days later after detox

Well, I'm back and csn easily type the keys now.  Had a great Detox, Brotman hospital's Exodus program... they broght me down comfortably with phenobarbitol And Subatex.. (Suboxone) I'm here just for the day and am going to the, "Share," program in Pasedena for 30 days. 8mg 4 times a day since, (under the tounge) and am still at the same level for 7 more days and will go to 3 a day for 7 days and then 2 then one.  It was the most comfortable detox... I did not feel a thing and was drinking pretty heavy too the last two weeks before I went in... I was taking 15 norcos on the average a day and could not stop to save my life... am going into a med unit that is paid by insurance and that is such a miracle...  My beautiful Wife is soooo precious for understanding and letting me do this cause I think she know that I am very serious about this!  I am SO serious that I'm going into another controled situation.  I have all of the medication and wouldn't think of taking another until it's time.  This is so wonderful cause this drug controlled my life for the last 2 years and 9 days ago I felt so hopless!  If you are there "hovering"  make a plan and realize that we are powerless without serious professional help! Love you all
Best
Jim
PS at day 9 I saw the doctor today and told him that I was still having serious nite sweats... I asked him if that was the Subatex?  He said no, that it was still the detox from Norcos... this stuff is serios folks... get some help!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
First off, congratulations for making it this far! Here's hope and some prayer that you make it the rest of the way.

If the following discussion is too personal, just let me know. If you'd like to take it to email, that's fine also.

What is detox like? How long were you there? What are the procedures? What's next? You said you had insurance that covered your stay...is that normal or abnormal? What about work? Did your employer know? If so, how did they act? Are you able to get any pay while you're out? What about your pain? I have real pain, and have been told it's something I'm going to have for the rest of my life. Have tried everything, like celebrex, ice, pt, etc., and nothing has helped the pain except the hydro's. While I want to be off of them, I can't imagine dealing with the pain for the rest of my life, yet I know I can't control myself w/the pills. If only my doc would hold them for me and let me pick up my daily dose every day, but what about the weekends?

Ah, so many questions, so few answers.

Helpful - 0
So happy to hear that you are doing fine and a wise decision to do a follow-up for 30 days. Congratulations.
Post again with update.
Minnie (on day 6 after stopping - yeeeaah)
Helpful - 0
bait,  that is so great, after ur next short stay you'll be ready to get back to living.  I know your wonderful supportive wife will be glad to have the real u back at home.  I do have  a quesiton about the maint plan w/ the suboxone.  Are u currently in the plan, like going to 3 pills next week or is this what you did while in there?  I ask b/c i am currently on 3 pills a day and want to go down quicker and your plan sounds great as long as I wont have major w/d while doing it.  anyhoo, let me know when u have the chance or if u have the chance and please keep us all abreast of the current u.

sincerely,
mis take
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.