Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hello agian......anyone

Like I said I am on day 10 now from methadone and I feel better than the first week.....but i just cant pull myself to do anything I try and then I get really tired and then my heart starts beeting fast....is it normal for that on day 10 and what day will it be normal?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i never did methadone but had a friend who did and she said she did not get her energy back for a good month..But you are off to a great start!! Don't give up..good luck
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I know this won't help much, but the thing that helps me is vitamin B shots from my Dr. I do get energy from them. I don't feel like taking on the world, but I do notice an increase of energy

hugs.....LS
Helpful - 0
Partially due to the long half-life of Methadone, the WDs take longer than shorting acting opiates. A good example would be - heavy vicodin users will experience WDs 6-12 hours after their last dose - Methadone users usually don't start having WDs for close to 24 hours.

That's twice as long as it takes for Vic users - now, it isn't quite as easy to say the WDs will take twice as long (I don't think they will) but Methadone users will definately be in WDs longer than short acting opiate users.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.