Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

URGENT wanting to take a pilee DAY 2

Yesterday wasn't as bad as I thought except for the sleeping part. Today however I have cried and tried to convience myself that it would be worth it to take just 1 pill to make it all go away. I am not so sure that the CT thing is such a good idea. I want to so bad as I am afraid that if I don't go CT I will never quit please help!!!
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
1 of the first rules of CT is not to have anymore around on my CT tries I had to flush the remaining or just run out it is really hard to go CT if you have them availble. I tapered and it worked for me (clean over 50 days) but I understand it is not for everyone. If you really are trying CT flush now while you have the will power. Your little monster would love to here about a taper (but really he just wants a pill!
Helpful - 0
The problem with flushing them is that my husband has neck and back problems (he works in the coal mines) and has to take them regularly. He actually told me to go ahead and take one today and it would be ok, but I was strong enough to say NO then I would have 48 hours flushed down the toliet! I know I can do this I just have to remind myself of the reasons why I want to. I know that with addiction my brain tried to convince my body that I need it but reasonably I know that I can do this. And I know with the help of all of you guys I will stay strong enough to get through this.
Helpful - 0
PLEASE dont take 1!  I dont know the extent and time frame of your addiction.  I just know the worst happens in the first 48-72 hours and youve almost made it through that!  It wont be easy after 72 hours, but it gets better!  To me, if you are gonna suffer at all in the first 48-72 hours, like you have, you might as well stick to it!  The suffering will be wasted if you dont!  You can do it!  dont take one! it will lead to more!
Helpful - 0
Thanks so much!!! I totally agree with you. I kept telling myself that same thing. If I were to take one now I would have to go through all of this again and I am NOT willing to do that. I have the sweats really bad and also the chills mostly both at the same time! The anxiety however isn't all that bad as I am on valium. I got the valium about a week ago when my dad passed away with  cancer. I am very glad that I have the valium as I believe that they are helping with the anxiety which is a huge relief. I know the first 72 hours are the hardest so I pray I will get through the next 24! The forum has helped me so much I am really grateful for all of you. Thanks so much to all of you!
Helpful - 0
If you cant flush them tell your husband to hide them get them away from yourself the temptation is going to be great you will have to tell the monster NO 10,000 times it will wear you out. BE STRONG YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU SET YOUR MIND TO
Helpful - 0
Just take the mindset that you can not and will not be stopped!  You have already done 48 hours?  Just focus on the next 10 hours and getting through those, and start over and do that again!  I think if you break it down into small chunks like that, it should be very helpful.  Just focus and focus and focus on how much better you will feel when u no longer have to depend on those evil pills!  i know that i havent been through what most of these people have..........ive just take about 4 a day for 30 days................but im here because im afraid to become addicted.  but even with that said, i know you can do it!
Helpful - 0
Thanks so much guys for being here for me I am very glad for you! I figure if I have told my demons no this many times already I still have it in me to QUIT!
My son is 7 and he is my heart. I look at him and I want the best for him, he doesn't deserve a mom who is hooked on painkillers he deserves a mom who is hooked on him. I am so willing to kick this habit I can taste it!  I am putting alot of my willingness and strength and support into this forum so thanks so much guys! I know I can do this! I really believe that in my heart! I can't wait til I wake up tomorrow and I can say YES 72 hours today! Thanks guys!
Helpful - 0
You keep mentioning your son and i think thats GREAT! I wish i had a son.  Just think of him and use him as your motivation.  If you dont stop the pills and it will only get worse.  You will not be the best mother you can possibly be!  I KNOW you are a great mother by the fact that youve mentioned him, but you know as well as i do that you can be an even better mother off the pills!  If this isnt enough to motivate you, i dont know what could be.  Do it for yourself, and do it for your family.  Nothing can stop you!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.