Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

About the "KRATOM THING revised

Thanks for your responces  to my post and thanks for the concern i really do apperciate it.. But dont worry guys, I only ordered 14 grams that is about 3 doses and I cant afford to buy that stuff anyway its kinda expansive.. Hell I only make 8 bucks an hour and after i get my bills paid I barely have money left to buy gas to get me to work. So with my budget I wont be buying very much kratom anyway. It tasts like s*#t. and it makes my stomach burn. It would be a good treat every now and then but to really us it a lot i mean enough to get addicted to it  is way out of my range of things i can afford.. Thanks  again for your responces.. Dont worry I am still determined to stay clean from drugs and most likely kratom to..
---Jeff
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Be carefull taken Kratom, I ended up with gastroenteritis. I know it was this because the doctor asked if I started eating or taking anything new. Kratom was the only thing new. I had stoped taken them, and the diarrhea and vomiting, nausea went away, but when I started back taken the Kratom, it came back! I researched and nothing, I repeat nothing said Kratom cause these kind of side effects. That's why I'm telling my story, so others will know!
Helpful - 0
thanks steph.  Maybe I need to get in on a class action.  LOL  Anyway, learn something new...........     .How are u tonight?  thanks again for taking the time to go and get that for me.  Not too much longer......whew!!  lol  Try to stay calm......lol  it will be great....OK Did any of those lil fragments help.  I just looked back over that and laughed, thinkin yeah right, trace, that'll help.  LOL  Anyway, enjoy this time b/c it just flies by.  You will be in my thoughts.

thanks again, that was really nice of u to do that.
love, tracy
Helpful - 0
i mean whats the black box warning?

sorry thanks, tracy
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
It has been suggested that this article or section be merged with Black_Box_Warning. (Discuss)
In the United States, a black box warning (also sometimes called a black label warning) is a type of warning that appears on prescription drugs that may cause serious adverse effects. It is so named for the black border that usually surrounds the text of the warning.

A black box warning means that medical studies indicate that the drug carries a significant risk of serious or even life-threatening adverse effects. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) can require a pharmaceutical company to place a black box warning on the labeling of a prescription drug, or in literature describing it. It is the strongest warning that the FDA requires.

Black box warnings on drugs have received increased media attention in the United States in 2005. Among some of the more widely covered stories:

The FDA has required that black box warnings be placed on all antidepressant medications warning they may result in increased risk of suicidal tendencies in children and adolescents.
FDA advisors have recommended that Pfizer be required to place a black box warning on their NSAID celecoxib (Celebrex
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Purdue Frederick pleads guilty in OxyContin case
US OXYCONTIN MISBRANDING

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Purdue Frederick Co. and three individuals pleaded guilty to charges of misbranding prescription painkiller OxyContin and will pay more than $634.5 million in penalties, the U.S. Justice Department said on Thursday.
The company pleaded guilty to felony misbranding of OxyContin with the intent to defraud and mislead, while its president, chief legal officer and former chief medical officer pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of misbranding, the government said in a statement.
The Stamford, Connecticut-based company and the three admitted that they falsely claimed OxyContin was less addictive, less subject to abuse, and less likely to cause withdrawal symptoms than rival pain medications.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration had not approved those claims.
"Purdue (Frederick) put its desire to sell OxyContin above the interests of the public," Assistant Attorney General Peter Keisler said in a statement. "Purdue abused the drug approval process which relies on drug manufacturers to be forthright in reporting clinical data and, instead, misled physicians about the addiction and withdrawal issues involved with OxyContin."
OxyContin, prescribed for patients with moderate to severe pain, is now regulated as a controlled substance with the same addictive potential as morphine.
The drug had become a favorite of narcotics abusers and was blamed for greatly contributing to several deaths. The FDA now requires the drug to carry a "black-box warning," the strongest type of warning for an FDA-approved drug, on its label.
The FDA "will continue to do all we can to protect the public against drug companies and their representatives who are not truthful and bilk consumers of precious health care dollars," Margaret O.K. Glavin, associate commissioner for regulatory affairs at the FDA, said in a statement.

full story continued: http://www.reuters.com/article/healt...00695020070510
Helpful - 0
what's that?  Dont mean to sound stupid, but that was what I took and Im just curious.  thanks girl.

tracy
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
heck if you can prove your doc supported the claims of the company you might be intitled to some cash... this happened to my pap with Vioxx when it was recalled.
Helpful - 0
Wouldn't that be a trip..........Addict makes millions sueing the co. that made her DOC..   I wonder if they would pay me in oxy's.  JUST KIDDING./// YOU GUYS KNOW ITS FUNNY THAT I THOUGHT OF THAT!!!  Only an addict.

love ya girly,
tracy
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
You are sooooo bad.. i did laugh out loud though.. it was pretty funny even if it was twisted..
Helpful - 0
yeah, at least you relaxed for a minute though.  HEHE, I love being twisted, but isn't it sad that it was the first thing that popped in my head.   THE MIND OF AN ADDICT!!   wow, hubby would kill me for saying it too, after he laughed.  gotta love my sense of sick humor.  glad i brought a smile to your face.  LOL  LMAO

see ya, chickadee, tracy
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I am glad to hear you say that. I think its bad news. I did some reading when i first heard about it and its a drug. plain and simple. being legal in the US does not make me feel better. Its not legal lots of other places. Pharm companies try to make people believe opiates are safe. The makers of Oxycontin recently got sued and the FDA are puttin a "black box warning" on it..
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.