Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hi everybody :)

Hi everyone..I have been lurking here and there but havent really felt like posting. It's hard to keep up with all the new post. I really think that everytime a new post is made on a thread, that thread should bump up to the top of the list. That way a conversation can be carried on everytime someone answers. I'll write another "suggestion" to the Medhelp people.

Anyway, I havent been posting much. I have been pretty much listless and depressed.Not happy with my career choice or my salary, not entirely happy with my location, I am going back to taking classes next semester but it seems as though I have been going to school partime for about seven years now off and on and still no degree and STILL not sure what to pursue. I am so confused about what to do with my life. I want to stay down the beach, but work in the city, I think.
I am on suboxone and my doctor is really cool. I have always had issues with weight and depression. Right now I am much heavier  that I am happy with. I also have trouble with anxiety/panic disorder. My doc prescribed Adderall which will help with weight issues and enerygy and depression and also is a med used for ADD, which 90% of ADD also have panic disorder so Addrall is being used to treat this to help with focus and concentration.

So, I am here and I jus tthought I'd let you all know that even though I don't feel like posting I am still enjoying spending time with all of you. Thanx for each and every  one of your contributions. I hope we all stick around. We need each and everyone one of us.
Well....tata!! :)

leelee
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I just wanted to say hello, even though i keep telling myself that Im going back to sleep.  LOL  

I also wanted to mention to be careful w/ the adderall.  Im on suboxone also and have been rxed adderall, though I don't take it regurlary. My husband does, however, and it will def give you the get up and go your missin.  It will also suppress your appetite which will help w/ weight issues.  However, I believe and have witnessed that it is highly addictive and has great potential for abuse.  Im not sure what ur DOC was but Im sure that's well under control w/ the Suboxone.  Hubby's bottle just doesn't always last til the end of the month and I know its b/c he needs to stay up to do this or that (important stuff) but I just worry that its becoming a new DOC.  It will make u feel good, great even, if your somewhat lethargic.  So, just be careful and mindful that it has these properties as well.

Good luck w/ everything.  You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.  And now, I am going to sleep LOL.  Have  a great day.

love, tracy
Helpful - 0
Hey, Just wanted to say hi,,,, I have been in a slump myself,, I am interested in the adderell that you were talking about, cant spell, sorry.. I have ADD as well and was thinking about going on this,,, Do you recommend this??  I have also heard that is was good for energy as you said,,Do you mind if I ask what dosage you are on so I can talk to my doctor about this... I do appreciate the info,,, I havent been posting a lot either,, Just started back tonight,,, I hope you start getting out of your depression,,, Huggs and Peace,,, G
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
ADD?   you're kidding :)

Sorry girlie...think you have that all wrong...you forgot to add that "H" in there.   THAT SHOULD BE ADHD...don't forget the hyperactivity part of that.

i have been thinking about going on adderal also...well let me rephrase that.   my family has been thinking about me going on something...hehe.   i know that i need it...ADHD off the charts...but i don't know if i can function any other way...this is all i know.   if i become and function normally...i will miss too much...lol...while i am at home "actually finishing up one of my projects"...something else might be going on that i will miss out on.   i mean, come on now...i'm 51 freaking years old...why would i want to change who i am now?

just my opinion here...i fear an addict using adderal...but at the same time...it helps with impulse control and will allow you to actually "think" about the consequences of your actions.   so it is a catch 22...damned if you do and damned if you don't.

huggs,
kim  
Helpful - 0
No mamma, there are 2 kinds.  ADD and ADHD.  I dont have the hyper one.  I have been diagnosed time and time again,,,It is embarassing, but, I got diagnosed with SEVERE ADD,, I guess its cause I never finish anything,,, Who knows,, wish I had the other one so I was hyper,,, then maybe I would not need any pills,,,, No, I would probably find a diffrent reason,,,Ok,, whatever,,, Huggs,,, G
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
two kinds?   DUH ! ! !

madison is ADD and christian is ADHD...and i am ADHD.   i just thought you were hyper too...sorry...wrong forum friend...hehe

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.