Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

slipped

Hello

I too slipped today I was only going to take the prescibed amount today and I was doing so well until about 5:00 pm. I did not know that my brain could talk so fast!I slipped but yesterday I was doing nothing. I am new here, a couple of days and people here have helped alot. Just knowing there out there helps me. I wounder if a doc ever stoppes by,what an eyeful he would get and  maybe some understanding So don't give up and I won't and maybe tommorrow I will do better. I just dont know what I am going to do about the pain. Will switching meds help I am on 50 mg oxy's and 10 mg x3 vicodin(That was were I lost it In just 6 months,,oxys I mean))I was on ms cotin for 9 years and no trouble at all. Well God Bless

LH
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
202347 tn?1189755825
I replied to your post yesterday, it might be on page 2 by now so I don't know if you saw it. Yeah, the brain is a lot quicker than the body huh? Before you know it, you've done something you didn't have a chance to think about doing. What type of pain do you have? Does the hydrocodone help?

xoxo- D.
Helpful - 0
Hi Yes read your answe yesterday Tx. I fell 25 feet of the second floor while doing some maintenance and landed on my back and have had 4 sugeries and a bone fusion at l4-l5. It goes into my butt ,and legs, spiking pains and at other times it is a constant ache 4 to an 8. Meds do help. alot They kept. me sane until i got lost it with the oxc,s. The vicodin really does not help that much I take that for brake thru pain. I just need some help and a second chance

Tx
LH
Helpful - 0
202347 tn?1189755825
Wow, I'm really sorry to hear about all of that. That's awful. Oxy's are chemically different from hydrocodone and much more potent, that is probably why the hydrocodone isn't having much of an aeffect anymore. Have you thought about a chemically different medicatrion like darvocet? It is not as potent but sometimes a medication with a different chemical structure is just what you need for the pain. My husband has had 6 knee surgeries, a broken arm when he was still playing football-bone broke completely through the skin. No matter how muxh of that you deal with it's just not the same when it happens to someone you love whew, I have to admit, even I felt scared out of my mind. Anyway he just had back surgery 2 months ago L5, S1 And he gets ultram, darvocet, vicodin, and tylenol 4's. The only thing he really ever takes is the darvocet. Often he just takes half of one every few weeks when the pain is really bad. Even after back surgery he went off his morphine pump 2 days early and just asked for flexeril and motrin 800. He's biologically so different from most people. He just took 2 darvocet a day post-op. He never took his vicodin. He stopped the darvocet early too, started tapering his dose after 3 weeks.

ANyhow, I'm rambling like I often do. Have you spoken with your doctor about any alternative medication? Muscle relaxants maybe, like flexeril? If you really do not want to take any opiates at all for the pain it might be something to look into. Many people have success with accupuncture, yoga, meditation, herbal pain remedies, it is quite a process try and find something effective but well worth it for many people who find pain relief in alternative medications or activities.

xoxo- D.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.