Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Day 10 - Finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel?! :)

Well, I made it to the double digits. The first half was really hard, the 2nd had its ups and downs (mostly downs). However, I did find I could enjoy some TV/Movies, and getting out the house was better than staying in.

Well - last night was a mixed bag - and I just wanted to relax, so I had a few drinks. 5 to be percise (would have had more, but I wasn't enjoying it) - well I woke up this morning feeling like poo. It took me 45 minutes to drag myself out of bed. Heck, I still have motivation problems, it took me 10 minutes to get off the couch to come post this (I'm usually full of energy, well before and during pills).

Besides all that, I did go visit my mom for Mother's Day. It was uneventful - we chatted a bit. Then I went out to eat with a friend - during the drive, it was asked how I felt. I thought about it, and said "I'm not depressed or dysphoric, but I do feel kind of bored". Then I thought, 'Hey! I'm not feeling blue!'.

Now this may feel strange, but that actually uplifted my spirits. I was happy for a little while - happy that I wasn't depressed. lol

Anyway, my mood level has dropped a bit. I'm back to the 'bored' feeling... but it's the first time in 10 days that I was 'happy' without anything there to distract me.

Anyway - that's my daily update - hope all of you are feeling better today too!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm am sooo glad that you have made it this far. I know it's a long road to recovery but the light seems to shine alot more brighter now. I myself, am on day 8 (yeah me). Keep up the good work, for your reward is near.

Michelle
Helpful - 0
202347 tn?1189755825
Hey you!  that's great! And there is nothing strange about that, not being depressed is something to be VERY happy about. And sometimes uneventful is good right? When you just want to relax. I hope you enjoyed the time with your mom, I am, we're both wanting to hurry and get through presents so we can tear into those cakes LOL. I'm so glad you are feeling so much better, your body has done a lot to re-adjust itself and you've felt every second of it doing that, now you're starting to feel the payoff!

xoxo- D.
Helpful - 0
Hey sweetie,
I'm so glad you got a happy moment in between all the pain.  I think you are gettin' better.  I'm so proud of you!!  You are doing great!!  Keep up the good work!!  You are a true inspiration to me and many people here.  Hope you have a wonderful day today!!  Take care and god bless, Lil.  :)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.