Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

any suggestions to extreeeeme lack of energy, help?

I'm haven't been around muchthese past few days, because I am feeling increasingly achy and fatigued - amd I can hardly bear to sit in front of the computer.
I stopped c/t a habit of 12 tramadol a day 10 days ago and it is as if the w/d have gotten worse during the weekend (and I thought I would be over the worst now - which I am definetely not!). The first four days were okay (I had some help in the form of mild benzoes), but I could almost function normally, at least half the day, now I can hardly drag myself up and down the stairs, forget about work, and I just want to soak in a hot bath all the time. I really want to see some improvement.
I bought L-Tyrosine for energy, but after Googling it I don't think I should take it due to my thyroid problem (myxoedema).
If anyone should have any suggestions to what can be done to get more energy, please let me know.    
I hope everyone has a great day and succeed in whatever they are trying to do, tapering, c/t etc.
Minnie
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
186166 tn?1385259382
good afternoon minnie...

...i can't believe it's been 10 days.   way to go girlie ! ! ! ! ! !

so sorry you are feeling "puney"...that sucks.   it is really  ironic isn't it?   you go through all this sh*t to make your life better and in actuality, you feel worse.   just doesn't seem to be fair...does it?

from everything that i have read...the ppl that seem to have the easiest time are the ones that don't give in to this part of it.   i think avis can attest to this.   she continued to walk, exercise, and take supplements.   also...the depression that sets in can play a huge part of the "physical" symptoms too.   just don't give into that...this is the time when so many start to just give up.   remember that this will pass...hopefully soon...and slowly you will start to feel normal again.   you did not get to the point of your addiction overnight...and you are not going to start to get better overnight either.   it is a process...just like any other life plan...and it has to be "exectued" from start to finish.   hang in there and see this through to the end.   the rewards will be great ! ! ! ! !

huggs,
kim

Helpful - 0
Hi Lizzie, your are so sweet (and I am so pleased your son's wedding was such a success - it sounds so romantic and wonderful).

I am not going to cave or anything, I just really wish there was something I could do to get the energy to work (which I have to ) and get on with life. It seems that I have done this the reverse way, feeling the w/d worse after the first 4-5 days, when it is supposed to be better, but I guess we are all different.  
Have a great day, and remember to relax a bit,  before you throw yourself at the preparations for the next wedding.

Minnie
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I'm not off the fentanyl patches yet but I'm getting close. Most of us are fighting opiate drugs. Mine is the same thing, just a different way of getting it into my body.

The things that have helped me is getting out and walking, fish oil, a good over-all vitamin, and vitamin B. The one that gives me noticable energy is B12 shots I get from my Dr. any time I want them. I just go in and tell the girls in the office I'm there for a shot and a nurse gives me one within minutes.

I know there are other things that help and I'm sure others will have more suggestions for you. Getting out of the house and walking helps a lot too. I have to force myself some days but I walk at least three miles a day. Duchess Golden will be able to help you and she can explain why you have the lack of energy. She told me but I don't want to pass it on in case I of making a mistake.

Take Care and Good Luck......hugs...LS
Helpful - 0
Hey you! I'm sorry to hear about your energy problems. I'm still having that problem too! Though, luckily not as severe, I can function for about half the day before it kicks in.

I know how you feel about getting worse instead of better. Again, I feel I'm in a bit better position than you, but it's been a rollercoaster the last few days. Today I almost cried at work - for no reason. I'm feeling a bit better now, but I still feel sooo far away from myself. And this is coming from the same person that posted about seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

However, you have my support - maybe if we continue to lean on each other, we'll make it through this?! :)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.