Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

road2recovery-IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

i just back from my dr's and it is VERY IMPORTANT that i DO NOT GO INTO WITHDRAWALS!!!!! i have a very honest relationship with my primary care dr. he was helping me taper before i had all these medical problems... if you didnt know, i had a problem a few days ago w/ my boyfriend taking my pills!!!! so i've been out until yesterday, i ended up in the ER i was so sick. i didnt tell the ER about my w/d's (i only trust my PC dr. with that info) i went into see him 1st thing this morning and he freaked out!!!! (i also didnt tell him my b/f took my pills,, i was to embaressed) i told him i was taking more than rx. anyways when i went in today i had "tacardia"(sp?) which is a "racing heart". he said "under no circumstances" can my body handle w/d's right now. that i am "physically" in NO CONDITION.

I AM VERY WORRIED ABOUT YOU!!!! until today i had NO HEART PROBLEMS!!!! and since i went into w/d's my heart is racing... he said until my body can COMPLETELY HEAL I MUST TAKE MY PAIN MEDS AS DIRECTED!!!! please post me back and let me know how your doing....

luv ya,
tink  :)
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I was just wandering if any of you are suffering from the dug Requip. It is fir Parkinsons and RLS (restless leg syndrome) it causes a gambling. I did not no this because it was hidden from the public. If any one ese is hving this problem Please let know. It also causes compulsive behavoir. These drugs are called Requip, Mirapex, Permex. The study was performed by the Mayo Clinic.
Helpful - 0
WOW...you and i both seem to be going thru it, huh??? about how many pills to take, i can only give you the advice my dr. has given me (my dr. is aware of my addicition and struggle w/ pills) i am still in pain, though i believe alot of it is from before all this, which is my endometriosis. my dr. has me back on hydrocodone 10mgs (i just came off of oxycodone 15mgs and i requested he lower me since i am an addict, lol) 4-6 times a day or as needed for pain. he said to make sure i take it, at least, every 6 hrs regardless. he doesnt want me to try ANY kind of tapering until my body is FULLY recovered. he gave me a 30 day supply, but said he would refill it at 25 days if i need. he is very understanding about my stuggles, but for the time being he doesnt want that to put ANY STRESS on me. he is growing more concerned about my "heart racing" and said if i go into w/d's or let my pain get out of control it will make my heart race even more.

so my suggestion to you is to take them as directed, unless you are in "real pain" then you may need to take an extra one. since my dr. said that is a big factor. is it possible to talk to any of your dr.'s??? i'm asking cause i'm seeing in myself how "really serious" what you and i are going through is. I still worry everyday about "not realising" myself bleeding or my heart beat getting to high and dying. you, of all ppl, know how close we both came to that once. my dr. says i'm not completely out-of-the-woods yet. and i worry about you too. It really would alot better for you "overall" if your dr. knew EXACTLY whats going on. He11, thats alot of whats been keeping me sane. Knowing that my dr. is aware of my addiction, so i know all of my bases are covered, so to speak.

let me know how your doing....

luv ya,
tink  :)
Helpful - 0
Oh--also my son as tachycardia..He has surgery for it about 5 yrs ago and has not had it again..His heart would race to way over 230 beats..He was only 11..So be sure and watch that!
Helpful - 0
you are so lucky to have such a good doctor..i do understand that me and you have been through hell, and w/d would not be good in this healing process..I am trying to take the 5mg of hydr only 3 times a day..A big difference in what i was taking..But hopefully i can realy do it this time..i thnk with what i have gone through i see things different
take care of yourself
Helpful - 0
Thanks so much for writing..i am glad to hear from you, i was worried about you also..I did good last night i slept with help of a klonipin..Then this morning i called my doctor and even though the withdrawlas were minimal i stil like you was feeling my heart beat fast..I told him i needed him to refill my pain medicine(and i am still in pain from the surgery) and then i said BUT i don't want to get addicted to them either..He told me he would call in the 5mg instead of 7.5 WOW..LOL and start to wean me..So that is a good thing..I will have to try c/t when i heal..after i got out of the hospital i had an appt to see the heart doctor and was put straight in the hospital AGAIN..This time they put me in a strictly heart hospital..Then they did an agegram( not spelled right) he thought from losing so much blood and having a minor heart attack that somethng was wrong wit h my heart..Well, Tink i think i had another heart attack when he told me that lol..I spent one night there and all test came out good and he told me everything to do with my heart was becasue of all the blood lost..So i am trying to take the 5mg as directed and hope this helps my w/d's..I took one so far today..Any idea how many i should take..i use to take 10 a day of 10mg hydros?
thanks again
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.