Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Oxycontin user who's going to detox on suboxen

I had a back surgery. I was put on a very high dose of pills. I am now addicted. I have tried to detox before on another Medicine.It didn't work. I'm going to try Suboxen. I heard it is best to get off of it as soon as possible. Is that true? Any suggestions?
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm going thru pretty much the same thing right now trying to taper off the Suboxone.  I don't regret taking it, I regret being on it as long as I've been.  There's not enough information about sub for people to make a truly informed decision regarding treatment and alot of people suffer because of that.  Thanks for sharing your story and welcome to the forum.  This is an old post, so more people might respond if you re-post it (there's a green button at the top of the screen).  
Helpful - 0
hey everyone my name is matt and i been on suboxone for ovr a yr. and i started out on two 8mg pills a day and now im on two 2mg a day, i have taken less towards the end of the month to prepare myself on what its gonna be like when i come off which will be soon(2 to 3 months) i have purposely not taken pills for two days and i did go through WDs,during the day its rough but at night its very rough,dont plan on getting any sleep but im not sure how long the WDs go on for,i wish i knew bc i reseached alot and i hear alot about the WDs going on for a while and people went back to pills or dope and then went through the withdrawls bc it was less severe which dosent make sense to me bc they could have avoided the whole suboxen experience,that is if they knew beforehand,but to each a zone.i hope everyone on this site can find their own way to break free from addiction but to be honest i feel like i am now addicted to suboxen well i know i am but i got myself in this mess and if i gotta suffer from withdrawls for a few months thats what ill do but i will not take pills or dope then come off that,it will be very hard but it has to be done if i wanna live a decent life and raise my daughter the best i can and keep her from the mistakes i made, good luck 2 eveyone and dont try to be strong,BE STRONG
Helpful - 0
I am just now getting around to checking in today, but this post from missy just blows my mind.  I am not referring to her first post where she is praising the suboxen - that is her opinion and fine with me, but why in the world does she have to get so upset and jump on people for having a different opinion?  Nobody treated her with disrespect, not at all.  Then this girl posts later in the day claiming to be leaving the site because she was attacked for just giving her opinion - that is such bull ****! Nobody was the least bit offensive to her and I don't think we need to be babying people like that who just want to start trouble.   She is the troublemaker - it is not the two people here who just made the mistake of having a different opinion - especially my good friend miss addictedtolortab.
Helpful - 0
I dont understand how you know that this is such a good pill if you abused it,,, You talk like its a miracle drug, but, how do you know if you did not take it the way the script is written???
Helpful - 0
185545 tn?1331074866
werent u just bagging mdone.yr info is incorrect.sori 4 having an opinion that differs from yrs.difference is i can back my claims with numerous reputable sources.can u?.mdone saved my life.many people w/o medical insurance cant afford sub.
get a thicker skin lady.woteva works 4 u.i just hate wen people regurgitate media hype re mdone.u just repeated what u heard on tv,not what u lived re mdone.neways,toughen up.
Helpful - 0
You know who are you to give me that load. Saying replacing one pill for the next isn't the answer. This forum is suppose to be about support and not making people feel ashamed and you did that to me. Made me feel like **** and a looser when I already have enough to deal with.

Everything I say comes from my own personal experience and I try not to place judgement and I realize that everyone has to attac their addiction in there own way.

I responded about suboxone because this thread started off w/ someone asking about it. And yeah methadone scares me. But it doesn't mean I think someone on it is wrong.

And I have done a ton of research on both and what I said was true. Maybe I should have been specific about it being true for my area cause maybe it is different somewhere else.

And I got a lot of my details from several sources and different doctors. I am not an idiot and do not appreciate someone making me feel that way.

You have no idea the obstacles, pains and struggles I have in my life and thank you for adding more pain to my day today. I hope you feel better. If you can't be supportive then maybe you shouldn't be on this site.
Helpful - 0
185545 tn?1331074866
can u plse explain how takin sub every day is better than takin oc,mdone,morpine.same,same to me.
i think researching sub at a sub website(its in thier best interest to make it sound good)is not really research.mdone is cheap.sub costs heaps.try googling pubmed,and do a search there on sub vs mdone.there are a ton of medical studies that say sub is often less efficacious than mdone.neways.good luk.
regards J
Helpful - 0
I startes suboxone last tuesday. Prior to that I was on oxycodone and was taking 5/325 and was taking about 24 pills a day. I stopped taking them at 630am on Tuesday. Went into mild w/d's a couple hours later. Took 2mg of suboxone at around 12pm and by 1230 my w/dks had stopped.

The first day I took 2mg every 2 hrs so about 12mg that first day. And it was subutex my first day. It helped so much. Then Wed-Fri I did 18mg of suboxone and tapered to 16 for Sat-Mon  

My issue was I wasn't honest with the doc anout the doze. I feel I need about 18mg right now and I would rather take 2mg every couple of hours then 2 8mg pills.  

So I ran out of suboxone on Sunday. I had some pain pills left over and I took some yesterday and today. I didn't get high off them and didn't take many. About 4 yesterday and 4 more today.

I took my last suboxone at about 230pm yesterday and I am now feeling it is leaving my system cause I am starting to feel slight w/d's now. I go see my doc in an hour and not sure how to tell him I slipped and ask for a higher dose. I am worried he will kick me out.

I decided to do maintenance and not just detox cause I did detox once and it failed. He told me some people need to be on suboxone indefinately and that is ok. It isn't as harmful as taking oxy's or vic's. And it isn't anything like methodone. And coming off of suboxone is not as bad as coming off of oxy's. And not even close to methadone (methadone scares the **** out of me). And I am ok with thinking I may need to be on suboxone for a very long time

Suboxone is a lifer-safer for me. I feel normal on it. I feel better then I have in years. Like my old self. I just need to make my voice heard and fight for what I know will be best for me and right now that is a higher dose. I am just scared.

I worry he will think I need to be inpatient and I can't do that. I will lose my job if I miss any more work. And that is no lie. I am trying to gain back trust at work. I lost a promotion over pills and it sucks cause I love my job so much.

So wish me luck that my appt goes well today. I just need this suboxone.

Do some research at suboxone.com. Another good site is naabt.com (or it may be nabbt.com). That is where I started and got into a doc in 1 day.

The misconception is the 30-day patient limit. I believe it is now 100 patients. And don't go to a methadone clinic for it. They only dispense a days supply instead of letting you go home with it. You will have to be tied to the clinic every day and if you have trips/vacations planned well they don't care. You are expected to go in everyday.

Good luck
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.