Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Day 11 - I hope this rollercoaster ends soon ~

Quick note before I jump into the bath.

Well, I've made it to Day 11. I've made it this far before, and have always felt better by now. However, I always had a score to look forward to within the next few days. So maybe I only felt better emotionally because I knew I was in for a treat??

Anyway - I do have some 'up' moments, but the 'down's seem to be deeper and deeper. Today, I almost cried at work - for no reason, I was just /that/ sad.

Oddly enough, I start the day feeling great physically - as my mood starts to elevate, my physical feeling dwindles - by 5-6PM, I feel exhausted - but at least I can enjoy TV at night.

I'd much rather end on a high than a low (which I have been), but I hope this emotional rollercoaster I have in the AM ends soon.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks for your sweet post (in a thread below) - it is so important to know that I'm not going through this alone, and I am still right behind you - and I think we also more or less feel the same w/d symptoms, it seems where yours maybe a bit harder on the emotional side and mine still a bit harder physically. But I sure hope it will get better soon. Emotionally it is hitting me a bit now, I am frustrated that the w/d are prolonged (yesterday was the sorst day I have experienced, I made it to the grocery store in the morning and did the house stuff, but then I felt so bad, I had to stay in bed the rest of the day and just SUFFER! I have never experienced anything like it - worse than the worst flu, because it didn't help to take aspirin etc.), and that I am having problems with pain in the jaw again (looong boring story), but I feel too weak to contact my dentist, so I will just have to bear it. I am also experiencing ups and downs emotionally and feeling like crying one minute and actually crying the next and then feeling ok emotionally. A rollercoaster indeed.
You are on day 12 now, I am on day 11, we will see this though together!!!
Lets pray we both have a better day.
Minnie

Helpful - 0
Thanks for the wish - as for exercise - I've been walking at least 2 miles a day since day 2. Though there was one day I was too sick to - plus all the smoke we had from the wild fires.

I have to say that while exercising, I do feel better... but I can't walk from the time I wake up until I fall asleep. :)

Also - I do feel like I'm whining a bit, and I apologize to everyone for that - I just want to get better before I cave into something like taking Tramadol or Suboxone to feel better - especially after suffering for almost 2 weeks.
Helpful - 0
JRG
Hi :
I just wanted to say that maybe a brisk walk might help your mood. It seems the more I lay around and do nothing the worse I feel. I have heard so many people say excersise is the key to getting better sooner. Good luck with everything!
Jackie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.