Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Wondering If Anyon Can Relate??

Hi everyone it's been along time since I've posted, but I've been lurking in and out almost everyday keeping up on all of you and seeing all the changes in the forum. I want to say thank you to all of you, your posts are a big part of what got me here today. I also want to say welcome, to all the newbies on the board and hello to all vets. Okay then, now that I've said hello I'll move on to my question.
I stopped taking my pain meds about 8-9 weeks ago. Now, my brain is moving so fast it almost hurts. I already know why this is happing. It's because my brain was asleep for so many years. I just need to talk to somebody before I do something crazy. I really feel like I'm going crazy I hear myself talking to people, going on and on and on and on and I just want to slap my self. I'm sure they want to slap me too. Thank you.
God Bless.
Gypsy
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I posted this late last night so I am sorry if you didn't get my response right away.
I think that it was very courageous of you to faced your problems head-on. That's really the only way we can deal with anything that happens in life. We can put it off, but as you found out things just pile up and then we are left with a huge mess.
I have read a few of your posts and if I'm not mistaken this is day 8 for you. Congratulations you are definitely over the hump, it can only get better (physically) from here. I know that you are worried about feeling lethargic and having no energy. Time will heal that, you've given years to these pills and it may take several months maybe even a year or so for your body to get back to normal. You did say something that you experienced that is the opposite for me. You said that when you went though w/d before even after 4 months your head was still cloudy. I've been two months and my head is so clear. Speeding right along, but very clear (isn't it amazing how two ppl can have such different experiences. Wow). Anyway, I really wish you the best of luck and if you see my name always know you can just shout out to me. Take Care
God Bless,
Gypsy
Helpful - 0
Hi I am a newbie and someone that doesn't know the ropes yet. This is my first time posting on a thread (came on last week) and I have no clue how this works but I am learning.

I think it is amazing you are doing so great. Way to go!  And I bet it is your brain finally waking up. Mine is too.

I took care of some medical bills and such today because I have neglected them for so long. I put off calling my medical insurance because I was afraid they would start asking why I go see docs so much and why it is never the sam doc and why I am traveling all over the state. But I got the courage today and you know not once did they (medical claims reps) make me feel ashamed.

In fact I called my substance abuse insurance company and they were so compassionate. Even a doc that works for the insurance told me what I am doing for treatment is great. I am not used to doctors having compassion.
Helpful - 0
Thank you soo much for responding. Yes that long, isn't that great. How are you doing??
Helpful - 0
You are not alone, I have started doing the same thing, what I have told myself before entering a situation like that is to remember to listen to what the other person is saying and remember to keep my mouth tightly closed, hope this helps!
Helpful - 0
Really, its been that long since U been OFF!  That is sooooo Awsome! Just chill for now, take care of yourself, do the right things! I am soo proud of you! Love to take a pill now now, but NO!!

So Proud!!

Choo

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.