Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Starting Lorcet withdrawls this friday morning !!! Help my ?'s

Ok this is my first post, so thank you and hi to everyone. Well I'm starting my Lorcet withdrawls friday morning. I took a 3 week vacation from my business. I have prepared (work wise) for a while for this. So I'm ready and this will be my third and final time, to go threw this. My wife is in the same situaton also. She has never tried quitting, so that has made it hard for me to stay clean. I love my wife so much, she is a hotty with a naughty body, and beautiful. I told her the pills or me. The pills are running are life and I will take them if they are around. So I really put my foot down this time for our own good, and so we can finally have kids. I told her I will do it with her or without her, " so choose my wife ". I believe that there is no pain no gain and I have quit cold-turkey before. It is she still did them and I wanted to do them to. I'm religious and I believe I should be punished for my sins. Tappering off of them is not going to work, unless someone controls them. So tappering off of them is not the way to go for me. I also do not want to take another drug to get off a drug, hopefully that makes sense. At least not a drug from a doctor. If the pills I have taken did'nt kill me, then quitting cold-turkey will not either. So I could use all the advice and pointer I can get. The stuff I need to buy, so I will not pull my hair out. Like Immodium AD for the diarrhea and so on. The legs,cold chills,achyness, sleepless nights, cold sweats, and the not staying still, also the not eating issues. I could use all the help I can get and I will be thankful for it. Do I need to drink or eat something to flush out the bad stuff faster. I did it before without anything, but I just found this site and I'm glad I did. So please help me make this a little easier, nothing will work like a miricle, but I did'nt even know about Immodium AD before. So I will pray for you and you pray for me. The father and son are the ultimate heelers of every man, women, and child. Now I will be ready with all of your help and advice and pointers. Thank you so much in advance for all the help, Area31
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm starting also cold turkey 10 to 12 a day I pray my wd is light
Helpful - 0
Sorry, I fell asleep before you posted me back last night then I woke up late this morning. I hope you find the recipe on the net, if not put a post out asking for it and someone will help you.
You will have a rough time like bowhunter said, the first 4 day seem to be the worst for just about everyone and then there seems to be some magic turning point. Just hang in there, my biggest piece of advice would be to stay hydrated, drink lots ans lots of water and gator aid. Dehydration is a huge risk during w/d, plus the more fluid you drink the quicker you will flush all this **** out of your system. I wish you and you wife all the best. Take care.
God Bless,
Gypsy
Helpful - 0
I have heard of the thomas recipe too (you can google it) but I am pretty sure it suggests an ant-anxiety pill and you said you want to do it c/t.

I was in the same boat as you in October and I didn't want to take a drug to replace the drug I was taking. Well I fell off the wagon and that was my 3rd attempt so now I am on suboxone and I don't feel any guilt or shame for taking it.

But you have to do what works for you. But I do have one question. Are you planning on any kind of therapy to figure out why you use?  My own personal feeling is that w/o some way to learn why you use and then get skills to help you when you get cravings that toyr chances of remission (I think of addiction like a cancer) are much lower. It doesn't mean you can't do it though because lots of people do and I think those that can are very fortunate and very strong.

Word of advise. Be careful about how you express your feelings about using drugs to get clean. Because for some of us that works.

Good luck to you
Helpful - 0
im pretty close to 90 days c/t from vics,oxys, and fentanyl.i went through 6 days of hard w/ds.i didnt sleep for 72 hours and after that a few hours a night.i like you didnt take anything to help with w/ds[didnt want to go from one to the other]. im not gonna lie to you its hell going through w/ds,but you have to set your mind to not to take meds.your not gonna be able to concentrate on things so just to little things to occuply your time for awhile.your heart will race a hundred miles an hour[some people think they have a medical proplem but its just your body is craving something your not giving it anymore and its getting nervious thats all the heart racing is so dont run to your doc thinking your gonna die]i beat the physical part in six days,but sleep took about three weeks to get back to normal.you and your wife can beat your addiction,just deal with the hell for a week and youll be fine     the bowhunter
Helpful - 0
Today is my first day withdrawling from Vicodin 750's about 12 a day. I want to thank you for your post because it lets me know I'm not alone right now.
I tried once before but the lack of sleep and depression scared me. I now know what I need to do and know my depression is just the my body reacting to my withdrawals.

I've taken sometime off work and I'm being very gently with myself. Completed a few chores today because I know the next few days/weeks may be terrible. I have to tell myself people need the old me back and if not for myself do it for my family and friends.

Please hang in there and we'll all get through this together.
Helpful - 0
ok thank you, I could use all the pointer and advice. Could I just bump it for the morning crew or post a response to my post in the morning.
Helpful - 0
Thank you so much ya'all. The last time I went threw withdrawls, by the 4th or 5th day I was starting to feel pretty good. Going to the bathroom still was'nt solid thou. I only took pills because my wife still has them around. If they are not around I could care less. I have did a lot worse stuff than pills and never had a addiction problem. Because my wife always had them around the house. Now I put my foot down with her. It is just so hard to tell her no, she gets so sad and looks so cute. Would you think if I started friday the 18th I will be ok to go on my trip June 5th? About 18 days of being clean from the 18th of May. So does anyone have a list of supplies I should get before Friday, that you used to help yourself out? Thank you again for your help and support. We can do this and we need to do this, so lets get started before it is too late my new friends. -

- Supplies -

- Immodium AD- for diarrhea
-    "
-    "
Helpful - 0
What I used...

Immodium AD extra strength ( as many as needed )
1 a day mega vitamin
Ibuprophen 600mg ( up to 3 a day )
Vitamin B-12 ( one a day )
Zinc lozenges ( suck on one twice a day)
Flexril ( or any other muscle relaxer ) up to 3 a day
Ativan ( or any other benzo ) no more than 10 pills total throughout w/d cycle
Tapering the benzo, like 3 first 2 days, 2 for 2 days, 1 for 1 day
Pepto Bismol
Benadryl ( alternate with benzo, not together ) for sleeping
3 bottles gatorade
3 bottles water  

I had 24 hours of w/d's with this cocktail... thats it

ps: I am NOT a doctor, this worked for me personally, adjust accordingly

Helpful - 0
I agree with the last post..

Amodium-- I wait about a full day before I take this because I want everything flushed out (so to speak)
Gatorade---
Possible Sleep Aid- I use this as a last resort. Last time I went thru w/d it took me close to 3 days to fall asleep and I know I can't get addicted to some over the counter aid.

Good luck, my thoughts are with you.

I'm almost done with day 1 and no side effects but chills and sneezing :(
Helpful - 0
Hell and welcom, congratulations to you decision to quit. Yoiu will get a huge amout of support here. Everyone is so supportive. I just went and tried to look for the recipe for withsrawels. I believe its called Dr. Thomas Recipe. but I couldn't find it. If you repost in the morning ther will be a lot more ppl here to help you out. I will be here for a while I can give you a few suggestions if you want. I'm going to send this before you think no one is responding to you.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.